What to do about Craigslist, if anything?

Boot

I'm currently torturing myself by looking at car seats for sale on Craigslist. Quite apart from the 2012 Complaint issue, there are SO many things wrong! Expired seats, misrepresented seats, over inflated prices, twisted straps, pieces missing (hello crotch strap!) etc. There is an infant seat that is described as 'reservable'. I flagged one as 'prohibited' that was 11 years old but apart from that I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to spend my whole day stalking craigslist. I guess I just don't look but it's so frustrating!!!!!

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
If you do email, email from an anonymous account, and be prepared for a <snipped> storm from someone who thinks you're a carseat nazi/carseat police/insane/harassing them/etc. Do not give them any of your contact details, EVER.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starlight said:
If you do email, email from an anonymous account, and be prepared for a shit storm from someone who thinks you're a carseat nazi/carseat police/insane/harassing them/etc. Do not give them any of your contact details, EVER.

:yeahthat:

Boot

So what about flagging the post as 'prohibited'? Will that do anything? I did it a few times with seats that were expired but you can't add a comment so maybe the moderators won't even know why it was flagged. I'm not sure if I want to engage people, even anonymously. Really, I wish Craigslist would just remove all pre-complaint car seat postings. I know you can't save everyone but I hate to think of someone buying a seat that is expired and described as harnessed to 65lb when it's no such thing.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
There are no moderators, not really. The flagging system is automated. If enough people (or varied IP addresses) click 'flag' it'll get flagged.

As to the rest... sadly, you can't save the world. :(

katymyers

The most I've ever done in response to a car seat listing on craigslist is email the person. There was a lady selling a Century 580 infant seat, two Century T-shields, and two shield boosters so I contacted her and told her they were waaaay expired, didn't meet current standards, etc. she never responded but they listing did get taken down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC