Need help with 3 FF and Infant

U

Unregistered

Due to excessive procreation I have a car seat dilema...

I have a 2008 Chevrolet Uplander and 2010 Suburban (2nd row bench).

I currently have 2 Marathons and 2 Keyfit 30's.

I have a 2 yo boy, 1 yo twin girls, and 1 en route soon.

Based on this info, could I please get some possible setups with any existing seats and what futue seats to purchase?

Thanks!

ADS
U

Unregistered

The Uplander has Captains chairs with LATCH and the rear bench with a centre anchor.

The Suburban has 2nd row 3 anchors and 2 LATCH on centre/pass positions. Rear bench has one anchor on the drivers side.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Yes, you definitely need to consider turning all of them back to RFing. Your twins aren't even at the minimum recommended age of 2 for forward facing.

If you want to do 3 across in either vehicle you will be better off using the seatbelt to install.

A Diono Radian would be great for your 2 year old as it would fit well RFing next to one of your RFing Marthons. I believe it would work well next to the Keyfit as well.

oliviacw

So, I think the place to start is allocating your current seats, which are good seats for your situation. I would plan to use the two Marathons rear facing for the twins in one car, and the new baby will inherit the Keyfits - one base for each car, and then if you want to use one bucket you have the second for backup, or you can leave them installed.

That means that you would need new seats for both cars for your oldest, and new seats for one car for your twins. To recommend the best options, it would be useful to know how big the kids are now (height and weight).

U

Unregistered

So Uplander RF Marathon/Radian/Marathon in third row and Keyfit in one Captains chair?

What about the Suburban layout?

U

Unregistered

My son is 36 inches tall and 37lbs.

The girls I am not sure about! Will have to check...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC