After-market products?

thekatie

I belong to a 'mommy forum' and have seen a lot of moms asking about how to keep their kids cool in the summer. I always list off solutions I've read here (keep the car as cool as possible when parked with tinted and/or cracked windows, use a white towel over the seat, aim the AC vents to the ceiling, etc) and say that after-market products aren't recommended for use while the kid is in the seat. I've seen a LOT of moms recommending this: http://meenobabies.com/buy-mee.html#coolmee Even though I'm sure most of these women don't listen to me anyway, before I continue to insist that it shouldn't be used, I wanted to check here. Because I'm nowhere near a tech and I could be wrong...

ADS

Brianna

It wouldn't allow the harness straps to be correctly positioned.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

jsta1005

I've seen other variations of that same product and they were supposed to be taken out before you put a child in. Is that the case with this one? Maybe you should let them know they should take it out?

thekatie

I haven't used or seen on in person, and didn't look to see if it had an instruction manual, but from the description it seems like its supposed to stay in. There was something like "the middle layer wicks heat and moisture away from baby" in the description. It sounds like its supposed to stay in. One lady's defense was that it is thinner than the newborn insert that came with her KeyFit, and that it doesn't touch the straps at all.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It stays in the seat. I actually wrote to the company several months ago and totally meant to post about it and what they said...but I forgot, and have since lost the email :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC