Turbo issue

babygund

Have a two year old turbo booster and tonight noticed that it isn't locking in place anymore and can easily be pushed down in height...obviously I have switched it out with another one but is this a common issue? Is it safe? Will graco replace it? Any info would be appreciated.

ADS

Shaunam

I've had two turbos that eventually did that. I got rid of one and just took the back off the other one and use it backless. I have no idea if they will replace it. I didn't bother.

babygund

Thanks I will call and check with graco. It is in the grandparents car and can't be used backless as there are no adjustable headrests...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Mine is 2 1/2 years old and just started doing that. They offered me replacement parts for $25 shipped. Since that's what I paid for it, I said no thanks. Then they offered a $10 rebate toward purchase of a new seat. I took that, and got one at Costco for $33.xx, which came out to less than replacement parts once the rebate is processed. So I'm happy with that solution, as I now have a new one plus I trashed the back and have the bottom part of the old one as a spare backless.

Qarin

I had one that did that, also a grandparent car one, about a year and a half ago- Graco replaced the backrest portion, no charge.

tam_shops

When I had trouble w/ my SS1 around the 2yr mark, they made a big deal about honouring the 1yr warranty for 18mths, seemed fair, but was too late for me. If you're not sure exactly how old it is, call asap and perhaps it'll still be covered.

tam

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The $25 shipped replacement back they offered me was a discount-should have been $40 shipped by their prices-but I was told I was out of luck because it was more than 1 year old.

babygund

Hi
Just to update I received an email today and after looking at my pics they are sending me a new back for my booster and it should arrive shortly. No mention of replacement costs!
Yay I don't have to worry about low back boosters just yet:)
Great customer service!

tam_shops

Never hurts to phone 2-3 times about the same thing if you don't like the answer you got the first time! LOL I remember I got different answers when I phoned about my Frontier (broken cup holder). The lady needed my credit card #, so I hung up and got it. Then, phoned back 2min later. The next lady said, "too bad, don't worry about it". So, I hung up and phoned right back, got a 3rd lady and she said the same thing the 2nd lady had. Or perhaps I spoke w/ a manager, I don't remember, but know I got different answers and it didn't impress me much! LOL

tam

babygund

Oh it totally depends on the person which is unfair. I was totally prepping myself for a potential lbb so I am happy. Let's hope it doesn't come with a bill and my cover fits as the newer ones seem to have more padding on the headwinds!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC