SNAFU: I ordered 1 cruz and got 8

arly1983

So I was SO EXCITED when I noticed my harmony cruz was out for delivery today!

The only store within 30 miles that sells carseats is walmart and they only had a couple of pink cruzs so I ordered one.

I look out my window and there is a big box sitting there. It was really heavy and I was thinking they had sent the wrong thing. I actually was wondering if I was going to get an oobr or something it was so heavy.

Nope, its full to top with cruzs. :eek: :eek: :eek: Eight of them sealed in a huge bag. I am on hold with walmart right now.

IMAG0171.jpg

ADS

Kat_Momof3

omg... that's freakin sweet... I hope they let you keep all of them, but if they don't, I hope they either pick them up or let you just drop them off at your local store :D

if they do and you don't plan to keep them all, please pm me :D

arly1983

Well, its not eight. It was six. I am still on hold and I slid them out to make sure how many when I get to talk to an actual person.

It keeps telling me I can find the answers to my questions at walmart.com :rolleyes: I don't think so.

arly1983

One last pic before the extra five go back in the box. They are sending UPS with a label to pick it up from my house! It would have been cool to be able to keep them but I am so glad I don't have to take them back to the store.

IMAG0176.jpg

Keeanh

From your posts it looks like they kept you on hold for an hour. I would have hung up long ago, sent an e-mail, and considered it their loss if I didn't hear back :cool:. I wonder what their profit is on each seat vs. how much it's costing them for UPS :p.

arly1983

From your posts it looks like they kept you on hold for an hour. I would have hung up long ago, sent an e-mail, and considered it their loss if I didn't hear back :cool:. I wonder what their profit is on each seat vs. how much it's costing them for UPS :p.

It was a while. I ate a bowl of soup. I put the phone on speaker and did some kitchen cleaning and internet browsing but if it had been much longer I probably would have just sent an email and went from there. It was a pretty humorous phone call. I don't think I was talking to someone in the US and it was clear the guy couldn't believe I was calling because I got MORE of what I ordered. Oh, well, I look at it as more good karma on my side.

Kat_Momof3

I'm guessing it was UPS' mistake... labeling a single booster box for walmart and a stock box for her... pooh they didn't let you keep them and send them out to others for the cost of shipping :D

Qarin

I'm guessing it was UPS' mistake... labeling a single booster box for walmart and a stock box for her... pooh they didn't let you keep them and send them out to others for the cost of shipping :D

:confused: I've never worked in corporate shipping, but doesn't the shipper label the boxes? How would UPS have boxes of boosters that are not yet addressed?

Xandra

Reminds me of when I got home from PetCo after purchasing a new aquarium and $50 worth of accessories. Checked my receipt and the aquarium wasn't even on it! Took the box back the next day to pay for it and the cashier was absolutely flabbergasted that I came back to pay.

Meg

Funny! Classic WM screw up!

:yeahthat::cool:

I ordered a Arm's Reach co-sleeper for my last baby and Walmart delivered a comparable-sized 120 QT Coleman Cooler instead. The CS woman thought it was funny when I called and explained the situation.. I wasn't nearly as amused. :rolleyes:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have had boxes marked from my corporate, as 1, but had 4 boosters in the box. I caught it before it hit the floor.

babyherder

That's a lot of boosters! If you can find your answers at walmart.com I would have gone to their site and wrote a review for the cruz that went something like this "Ordered 1 of these seats but had 6 delivered! Called Walmart to see if they wanted the extras back but while I was on hold the magic voice said I could find answers at walmart.com. So here I am!"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC