Easy to install/uninstall??

Nimommyof2

Does anyone have any thoughts on a carseat thats reasonably priced that has the latches with the buttons on them? I am looking for a FF seat that'll fit behind the passenger or drivers side Honda Odyssey with latch and tether. Right now I have a generations but its a pain to install uninstall when I swap it out for booster so thinking about getting a different seat.

Or possibly open to a 65lb seat that'll install there with a seatbelt with a no rethread adjustable harness so I can just move the 4yr old to a RF seat and put one of the booster children into that seat. Harness would need to be as high as the nautilas, the nautilas will not install there with a seatbelt.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What about a Complete Air? I think the new ones have push-button UAS connectors, and it is tall (but not quite as tall as the Nautilus - maybe 1/2" shorter?), harnesses to 65lbs, and has a no-rethread harness.

The other option is a True Fit, which does have all of those things and a very tall harness height, ~18" if I recall.

Both are about $200 at various stores.

What about the Evenflo Secure Kid 300/400? Maybe one of those has a no-rethread harness?

Nimommyof2

Does the True fit have lock offs or something? For FF as well as RF? That may work cause than I wouldn't have to worry about the seatbelt as much might have to check that out

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The True Fit does have lock-offs for RF and FF. They must be used regardless of method of install. They're usually pretty easy to use, but like every seat, may not work in your specific vehicle.

What year is your Odyssey?

Nimommyof2

Its a 2010, I just know the Nautilas wouldn't install in those positions but am thinking the locking clips would make it easy to get it tight and for the seat to stay tight. Right now the generations is installed with latch but if I get a seat I can swap the older kids into it would have to be seatbelt install as they are over 40lbs

catzwoman28

I have an 09 Odyssey and have installed my nautilus in those spots with both seatbelt and UAS at different times with no issue, my daughter that is using it currently is just about 40 lbs so we will be doing seat belt installs wiht it all the time since that is the UAS limit.

Nimommyof2

Really? I don't know I tried for over an hour and couldn't get it to stay still I assumed its because the seatbelt comes from so far away, I also searched on this site and found that I'm not the only person who had this problem and the posts I found said it could be done with alot of work, but I a need a seat that takes max five minutes so its out of the running and in my back row. I'm sure it could be installed via latch but the child is 50lbs.

catzwoman28

No idea, I might just be determined, I was surprised when I found out radians can be difficult to install with seatbelt as well since I do that set up regularly too.

G

guest1

First thing that I thought of was the Complete Air too. That's what we have right now and it's tall, it has the latch with buttons and is a piece of cake to install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC