Friend washed my RA50 harness in the washing machine!

essnce629

So I let my friend borrow my RA50 since I wasn't using it and I went to get it back from her today and she had washed the cover and the entire harness and buckles in the washing machine (and then the dryer)! Do I have to get a new harness now? Does washing it in the washing machine make it unsafe? Her girls also broke up the entire foam that lines the seat in several pieces while she was putting the cover in the wash so it looks like I need new foam now as well!!! Will Britax sell me new foam and a new harness? So bummed! :mad:

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The harness must be replaced. Call Britax to order a new harness and they should let you order new foam as well.

agave

Sounds like she wanted to return your seat clean. :( Britax will sell you all the parts you need, their shipping is painful. I hide coverless seats from my kids they can not be trusted around foam.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Oh no! Did she say anything about her kids destroying the foam? I can see washing everything being an honest mistake. I hope she at least offered to replace the foam.

I never loan out seats that I don't want returned or to be used again. (I learned this the hard way!) I broke this rule the other day and am fretting about it. I had my friend's DD and she rides in my FR85 with me. I met up with another mom for her to have a playdate and put it into that mom's car for her to take friend's DD back to their house. I can't stop thinking about it! I'll be so glad to have it back in my possession.

StillThankful

Oh goodness, that's awful:(

Here is the the link for the eps foam $9.99: http://www.britaxusa.com/store/details/parts/roundabout-50/eps-foam-

Comfort foam $8.49 http://www.britaxusa.com/store/details/parts/roundabout-50/comfort-foam-5

Harness and Buckle Set $21.99 beige (they also have gray and black) : http://www.britaxusa.com/store/details/parts/roundabout-50/harness--buckle-set-beige-1

These parts are for the Roundabout 50, not the Roundabout 50 Classic--not sure if that makes a difference.

I wasn't sure what foam you needed--the eps or the comfort foam but I added everything in my cart and used my zipcode--it came to $12.01 for shipping.

HTH

Last edited:

Shaunam

I had that happen...sort of. My friend soaked it in plain water, because when I told her not to wash it, she only heard the "no harsh chemicals" part and missed the "do not submerge" part.

I got a new harness set from Britax and all is well.

Keeanh

I lent out my TF for a year with specific instructions to NOT WASH ANYTHING. It should be back next week. We'll see what condition it's in :rolleyes:.

Amandaplus4

The only one that has any of my seats is our baby sitter and she knows not to wash the straps and how to properly wash the cover right now all she has is my triumph 65 and a nautilus

Kat_Momof3

well, she gets an A for effort... B for cleaning... and a C- for care of the seat itself while the cover was being cleaned.

jennlana

I washed my Boulevard harness (before I knew better). I also had to replace some of the foam in it. It started to crumble and I didn't do anything to make it do that. I went to their website and ordered everything. It does sound like she was trying to be a good friend by returning it clean. The foam isn't expensive to replace. Maybe think of it as a lesson learned?? I learned something similar the hard way.

essnce629

She did offer to order new foam and straps for me. I sent her the links. It was the eps foam that the girls broke up, not the comfort foam. I knew that she was washing the cover beforehand since she emailed me about it, and I told her in the email to wash the cover but to not wash or submerge the harness. I guess she didn't read the whole email!

laurengt

agave said:
Sounds like she wanted to return your seat clean. :( Britax will sell you all the parts you need, their shipping is painful. I hide coverless seats from my kids they can not be trusted around foam.

This. DS thinks foam is a snack... :0/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC