Clek Oobr fit

tl01

What do you think of the fit of this seat? I think it looks like the vehicle seat is a bit reclined but it won't click in more upright. I think I'd move up the headrest one click but when fully extended he has plenty of growth room.

87cc111d.jpg

d1428475.jpg

e7504606.jpg

ADS

T4K

I think he'd look good with some leg support. Rolled towel or something?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It looks like you can snug the Oobr back towards the seat more, and that'll force him more upright.

What's with the two rear-facing seats next to him? Something you want to tell us? ;)

-N.

amyd

I felt that way too... But am wondering why that would be happening.

I'd guess it's because the Oobr has a pretty short seat depth and since his feet don't touch the floor, he's kinda sliding out of it. You could put something lightweight on the floor for him to rest his feet on. That would probably help.

tl01

It looks like you can snug the Oobr back towards the seat more, and that'll force him more upright.

What's with the two rear-facing seats next to him? Something you want to tell us? ;)

-N.

Ha! Nope. Just an extra seat for a friends kid who rode with us to dinner;).

Does it adjust? The seat didn't have a manual since we were just trying it at the store. I guess I could look it up online. Does it look too reclined?

Okay, so I just read that the distance btwn the oobr and seat has to do with the recline. I tried messing with the recline and couldn't get it to move. Maybe it was stuck of broken. Does the back of the seat move back and forth freely when it isn't in the car?

QuassEE

Yeah it adjusts! There's a handle down below the crotch area that you pull, and it allows the rigid LATCH to move back and forth. If you snug it up closer to the seat, he probably won't slide down/out of the seat as easily. It means less sleeping support, though, so it totally depends on the child as to whether or not this is a good solution.

-N.

tl01

Yeah it adjusts! There's a handle down below the crotch area that you pull, and it allows the rigid LATCH to move back and forth. If you snug it up closer to the seat, he probably won't slide down/out of the seat as easily. It means less sleeping support, though, so it totally depends on the child as to whether or not this is a good solution.

-N.

Interesting. I tried that handle and couldn't make it move while it was installed. I ordered one for myself so hopefully we will have more luck when it arrives.

Does It just have two positions... Upright and reclined?

So the seat back still flops around without moving it with the handle?

QuassEE

I think you're envisioning it wrong. The back rests against the vehicle seat, and then the bottom actually adjusts towards the bight or away from the bight. The closer to the bight that the bottom is, the more upright that makes the back or the more upright the child will be seated in the booster. Movement of the back itself doesn't really change significantly. There's no real "position", just a range of how extended the rigid LATCH portion of the seat is out from the bight.

-N.

tl01

I think you're envisioning it wrong. The back rests against the vehicle seat, and then the bottom actually adjusts towards the bight or away from the bight. The closer to the bight that the bottom is, the more upright that makes the back or the more upright the child will be seated in the booster. Movement of the back itself doesn't really change significantly. There's no real "position", just a range of how extended the rigid LATCH portion of the seat is out from the bight.

-N.

I totally get that... I was just surprised that the seat back flopped around so much. I just envisioned it to be more "solid" like one piece. I could see how if the seat scooted back it would change the recline and how it fit in the car. I just couldn't make the seat do what I was trying to do.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have yet to see a kid who doesn't look like s/he is about to slide out of the oobr. I want to love it, but I just can't.

I wouldn't be comfortable with the way he is sitting. In the second pic it looks like the belt is cutting his neck off. That could just be the pic though because the next pic looks fine.

tl01

I wouldn't be comfortable with the way he is sitting. In the second pic it looks like the belt is cutting his neck off. That could just be the pic though because the next pic looks fine.

The neck looks like that bc I had the headrest fully extended to see how much growth room he has.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't recall my Oobr back flopping around. It stands on the garage floor solidly and stayed in position if carried around.

I also found my kid looks likes she sliding out in pics, but in real life it looks nowhere like the pics. It's odd! LOL

Also, the manual says the vehicle seat should be in the most upright position so if you weren't sure if yours was, you'll want to check that before you install yours. Although you'll have a manual when yours arrives so you'll know that then. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

tl01

-N.

I totally get that... I was just surprised that the seat back flopped around so much. I just envisioned it to be more "solid" like one piece. I could see how if the seat scooted back it would change the recline and how it fit in the car.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Using the recline and giving the child a footrest both improves the fit of the belt in some cases, and improves comfort in most cases. But his lap belt fit is actually pretty decent anyway in that pic, IMO.

tl01

I don't recall my Oobr back flopping around. It stands on the garage floor solidly and stayed in position if carried around.

I also found my kid looks likes she sliding out in pics, but in real life it looks nowhere like the pics. It's odd! LOL

Also, the manual says the vehicle seat should be in the most upright position so if you weren't sure. If yours was, you'll want to check that before you install yours. Although you'll have a manual when yours arrives so you'll know that then. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Thanks! I'm going to see if his side of the bench was fully upright or not. Just in playing with it at the store it seemed so bc it wouldn't click in anymore upright but it seemed slightly tilted compared to the other side.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That's weird, the backs don't flop on my Oobrs at all. Maybe someone had taken it off to demo it backless, and not put it on right after?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC