Lets see 2+ year olds in the B Ready

love-pink

The 2012s do not come with the matching organizer. I sold my Diono one to get the Britax one. While they both are wonderful, I do like the Britax one more. The center is covered with a magnetic closure and the cup holders are bigger and insulated. It also has smaller pockets across the front for little things. We used them to keep our zoo tickets/map handy last week.

Last edited:
ADS

love-pink

duckmama said:
I love that blue. Is that the 2011 or the 2012 color? No one locally has anything but black or silver so I've never seen them irl but that is beautiful. Don't they come with the organizer on top with the to cup holder holes? My 2011 did.

Navy is a 2012 color so no matching organizer ;) The 2012s come with the black wheels, previous models will have the silver wheels (unless the owner purchased the new wheel kit). Pink, green and the bright blue were discontinued so no 2012s will be those colors.

rxmommy

Can anyone answer what I am sure is a dumb question? How do you know if it is a 2012 or 2011 model just by the box or looking at the stroller? Is it by DOM so all made in 2011 are made with the old wheels and 3 positions, all made in 2012 have the new wheels and 4 positions? Just wondering if there was a simple way to tell.

I will add my pic of my more than 2 year old soon.

I'm pretty sure mine had the DOM on the outside of the box, but I don't really know the answer to your question since the 2012 models came out in the middle of 2012. It's very possible there's some 2012s that are the old version I bet! You'd be able to tell by the color of the wheels or the color possibly since they discontinued some.

I love that blue too! :love: My green is too bright for my taste really. It's pretty, but too flashy and it's a biiiig stroller so it's flashy already lol. And it's UND green, which is a problem for a NDSU girl. :cool:

chrislynn5

Just got my new one this week but when I got it, the stroller is a 2012 but the second seat is a 2010!!!!! I bought it in silver from albeebaby.com I was very surprised at how easy the 2012, 5 point harness is on the main seat compared to the older version 2010 second seat. It doesn't bother me but I was just wanting to point this out.

duckmama

Ok, silver wheels = pre 2012, black =2012 that's easy.
Did they change the lower seat at all? The 2010 does fit the 2012 right? I would still call albee baby about it. I'm guessing they are not obligated to give you a 2012 seat since it does not say free 2012 seat but if I'd opted for the car seat and it was 2 years old I'd be miffed. My assumption was if you are buying a 2011 you'd get 2011 accessories, with the 2012 it would be a 2012 accessory.

kaharris83

The lower seats themselves are exactly the same so it doesn't matter if you get a pre-2012 lower seat. It would be the same as one with a 2012 DOM.

crunchierthanthou

Can anyone answer what I am sure is a dumb question? How do you know if it is a 2012 or 2011 model just by the box or looking at the stroller? Is it by DOM so all made in 2011 are made with the old wheels and 3 positions, all made in 2012 have the new wheels and 4 positions? Just wondering if there was a simple way to tell.

My 2012 was manufactured 12/14/2011, so I'd guess anything made in 2012 has the updates. Other than the sticker with the DOM, I don't know how else to tell from outside the box.

Anyone have a 2011 box handy? What does it say under "included accessories" (at the bottom of the list of features). The 2012 only lists an adult cupholder, so that might be a clue if the older ones had matching organizers.

duckmama

My 2012 was manufactured 12/14/2011, so I'd guess anything made in 2012 has the updates. Other than the sticker with the DOM, I don't know how else to tell from outside the box.

Anyone have a 2011 box handy? What does it say under "included accessories" (at the bottom of the list of features). The 2012 only lists an adult cupholder, so that might be a clue if the older ones had matching organizers.

My box says only that it comes with the click and go adaptors but inside the box was the organizer and the rain cover neither mentioned on the box but the wheels are silver. I guess it is a 2011 model based on the wheels and the organizer. Did the 2012 come with the click and go adaptor for the car seat? It says something like for a limited time it is included.

kaharris83

My box says only that it comes with the click and go adaptors but inside the box was the organizer and the rain cover neither mentioned on the box but the wheels are silver. I guess it is a 2011 model based on the wheels and the organizer. Did the 2012 come with the click and go adaptor for the car seat? It says something like for a limited time it is included.

If it has a raincover it is a 2011. The 2012 did not include a raincover, organizer, and has black wheels.

kaharris83

I've never used a raincover in the 2+ years I've had strollers. I don't like getting wet so I don't know why I'd be strolling in the rain to need a raincover. :) I like my Diono/SKJP organizer too so I didn't need an organizer. For me the things I needed most were the more upright position, since I will only be using it as a double and need the most space I can get for the lower seat, and the new wheels. The upgraded wheels which I hear are tons better are $90+ so to me the 2012 was the way to go. If you need a raincover and want a matching organizer and don't care about the more upright seat then the 2011 is a good choice.

duckmama

I've never used a raincover in the 2+ years I've had strollers. I don't like getting wet so I don't know why I'd be strolling in the rain to need a raincover. :) I like my Diono/SKJP organizer too so I didn't need an organizer. For me the things I needed most were the more upright position, since I will only be using it as a double and need the most space I can get for the lower seat, and the new wheels. The upgraded wheels which I hear are tons better are $90+ so to me the 2012 was the way to go. If you need a raincover and want a matching organizer and don't care about the more upright seat then the 2011 is a good choice.

I'm still debating it. We live in the pacific nw so the rain cover is very much needed as you leave with it sunny and go home soaked. I do hear they will give you new wheels if you have issues with them 2 years from date of manufacture but only replacement wheels not the fancy new ones. I got the 2011 for $233 and if I got the 2012 it would be $379 but it would come with the second seat. I have only a few days to decide which I want. I might be able to live without the organizer or rain cover and since the second seats can't be found for less than $100 it would be like paying $79 for the color I really wanted and those new wheels and upright seat. The only one who will ride in the lower seat will be a very small baby and I will only use it as a double half the time. Anyone have opinions?

chrislynn5

Mine only came with a cup holder and carseat attachments. No extras. The 2011 that I returned, came with all the things mentioned. The organizer was horrible and the rain cover-I folded that up to put away. I wouldn't have ever used it. I do find that the more upright seat is nice. The wheels seem the same to me except one is black and one is silver.

frugalmom

B-ready 2012 red is only 372.12 on amazon right now plus the free car seat or 2nd seat. Buy now if you are thinking about it.

I don't see the free ride on Amazon at all now. Does anyone?

I am wondering if this is the stroller for me. I will have 4 kids. the youngest two will be 2 and newborn.

I want something to keep in the car. Folded down can this fit in a minivan with the 3rd row up?

Also how easy is it to have the carseat in the back position facing you and the regular seat on top? Do you have to take that seat out everytime to do it?

I want to just snap in the infant seat and go in the parking lots and what not.

Is the second seat only for 35lbs and under?

likes2shopalot

CPS Technician

I am wondering if this is the stroller for me. I will have 4 kids. the youngest two will be 2 and newborn.

I want something to keep in the car. Folded down can this fit in a minivan with the 3rd row up?

Also how easy is it to have the carseat in the back position facing you and the regular seat on top? Do you have to take that seat out everytime to do it?

The free ride was only while supplies lasted - being today is the last day its possible they no longer have stock to do the free seat. It was still on there earlier this morning. The black BReady was $311

Yes, folded it can fit in the behind the third row in my T&C.

I have never used it with an infant seat so I can't answer that part, I thought that on the bottom it could only face forward, but I could be wrong. Maybe if both seats are facing you it works.

It does fold with the second seat on if that was what you were asking. I would assume the infant seat adapter would work the same way.

duckmama

The best review of the stroller is baby gizmo on you tube. Watch it and it will answer all your questions. To snap the seat on the bottom is very easy and no you don't need to remove the top seat to do it. The whole thing will close with the top seat on. The back wheels do remove to make it smaller and the seat goes off pretty easy to make it tinier too. Yes the bottom seat is for smaller kids, it is shorter but wider than the top seat and is intended for smaller kids but a larger kid at 35 can climb in and out without tipping it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC