Giddy...ha ha ha

brelza

Well, I went to BRU and got my son the lamaze true fit tonight. I have to admit I was a little disappointed that the seat was already a year old (4-11 mfr) BUT...I did get it for the online discounted price of $183. BRU price matched their website even though the purchase online and pick up in store option wasn't available at my store.

I came home right away, put it together and had my 7.5y/o sit in it. I was excited and wanted to see if it TRULY would be able to be used to the max for my son. My daughter is 49" and just maybe 1/2" below the top slots so I am THRILLED we'll probably be able to use this til my son fully outgrows it and it expires. I figured the 14 month of sitting on the shelf wasn't that important since my son is almost 21 months.

He LOVES the seat. He was climbing in it and wanting belted in it and was all "too big" when I had the straps adjusted to fit his sister and then he kept saying "IT FIT! IT FIT!" when I adjusted it for him. I then took it out to the car and was a bit bummed at how long it took to install (the britax seats we've had before this always were SO SIMPLE), but once I figure out how to get the cover back on after the latch was secured we were good to go. It doesn't budge even WITHOUT a rear facing tether thanks to the rebound bar :)

I think I might soon be in :love: with it.

ADS

djma

The true fit is a great seat! The more you install/un-install, the better and faster you will get at it. :D

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Also, there are slits to access the belt path, so in most cases you don't need to pull the cover back at all to begin with. :)

brelza

Also, there are slits to access the belt path, so in most cases you don't need to pull the cover back at all to begin with. :)

I KNOW!!! :eek: I found them AFTER I struggled with it about 20 minutes and still managed to get it installed. I don't know why they don't mention it in the latch installation instructions. :( I normally read the instructions and the do the install, but I got confused by them so I did it step by step and literally. But I made note of in in my memory for future use!

brelza

Great to know! I have been considering ordering one! :)

We've been pretty stuck on britax for a few years now because even my husband could install them easily and they were USA made. That is our only complaint so far about it...wish it was made in the USA.

geekKT

I've so "been there done that" with the slits in the cover thing. When I first got the seat I got it installed and then was all confused about the cover. Once I had it checked by a tech from this site and she pointed out it was much more obvious but I agree, they don't say that clearly enough in the manual.

I prefer a seatbelt install with it but it does get easier and faster the more you do it. I need just a few minutes now to have it rock solid.

Hope you enjoy it!

ETA: one more thing - I find it easiest to tighten if I take the slack out of the harness and then reach my hand around and press down on the harness splitter plate at the back of the seat while I pull up on the adjuster tail with my other hand. It's a continuous harness and you can pull the slack from one side to the other at the hips to get kiddo in and not have to adjust it, but I'm one who prefers to loosen and then tighten it most of the time. :)

MommyShannon

We got one for DD2 a few months ago. She loves it and calls it her "big girl" seat even though it's RF. I guess the size, room and cup holder make it look more like DS and DD's seats. Every time she is home while someone takes the van, she gets very concerned about her carseat being gone. Also, nothing gets her in the van faster than DS trying to sit in it kidding around. I agree with pp about pulling the slack out from the back while tightening. If the sides are uneven, pull at the hip area to move the extra to the side you need.

brelza

We got one for DD2 a few months ago. She loves it and calls it her "big girl" seat even though it's RF. I guess the size, room and cup holder make it look more like DS and DD's seats. Every time she is home while someone takes the van, she gets very concerned about her carseat being gone. Also, nothing gets her in the van faster than DS trying to sit in it kidding around. I agree with pp about pulling the slack out from the back while tightening. If the sides are uneven, pull at the hip area to move the extra to the side you need.

Good to know. I know that I couldn't figure out the harness at first when I had my DD in it and then wanted to put my son in it. It was before I read through the manual. He was getting mad that I wasn't clipping him but I turned the seat over, looked at it and thought, OH! ok.

Good to know about the loosening and tightening. Although I typically can get my kids in/out without doing either. I think it has to do with their build as I have had to adjust the little boy I would baby sit and my nephew needs his adjusted often too. I hope I can continue getting him in/out without adjusting the harness each time as that will be a love/hate thing for my husband.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC