Rolling device thingy for car seats in the airport?

ADS

Lenae

I've done both the luggage cart and the umbrella stroller. Also, a classic MA fits on the sit and stand bench like it was made for it. I do that setup frequently.

ohithere

An Aurora said:
$20 luggage cart from Walmart/Target :) Alligator LATCH clips snap right on.

This. Walmart has one in every store for $15 that already comes with bungees. There's no need to spend $40-$80 when you get the same functionality out of something that's less than 1/3 of the cost.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
IMG_8345.jpg

IMG_8346.jpg

scariestone

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Ideal-Hand-Truck/dp/B001HBH1BM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1340257145&sr=8-6&keywords=luggage+cart"]Amazon.com: Magna Cart Ideal Hand Truck: Sports & Outdoors[/ame] I bought it at costco so it was about half that price. On the way to our destination we used one of the $25 luggage carts and it literally fell apart. I was strapping on a radian and I put one bungee in the split in the shell at the bottom where it folds and the other through the vertical fabric between the headwings. It was so stable I let DS ride on it like a stroller.

Morganthe

$20 luggage cart from Walmart/Target :) Alligator LATCH clips snap right on.

:yeahthat: Except mine was a $28ish luggage cart because it holds up to either 175 or 200lbs. Whatever it is, it carries a lot without complaint. It's awesome. The Radian has been long outgrown and sold off (2009), but the cart has been used regularly through the years to transport boxes, luggage, stuff for flea markets, and anything else dh needed to haul. Its latest excursion was stacking a cat carrier, dog bag, and a suitcase for my flight Stateside. :2thumbsup: So, imo, if you have the choice, spring for the sturdier higher weight version.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
BJCM with homemade strap and all our crap piled on top. You should have seen the faces of the ladies at the British Airways counter when we came rolling up to the gate. I will get pictures of the setup on our trip home.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've had the GGK cart and returned it in favour of a regular luggage cart. The GGK mounting/dismounting was far too fussy for my liking. We let DS1 sit in the seat while we rolled too. :)

cantabdad

We just use our umbrella stroller to carry the carseat since we'll generally need a stroller at the destination and it can be gate-checked for free.

Our older child walks and Baby gets carried in the Ergo. It seems like most (not all) TSA agents will let you take the baby through the metal detector w/o having to take her out of the front carrier.

If luggage carts are available, we'll sometimes use that instead, and on occasion when we've been traveling "light" I've just carried the carseat by hand.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC