Nautilus and Argos expirations change?

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Has the expiration for these 2 seats changed to 10y in any mode? I have not read that anywhere, but someone said so. I want to know for sure.

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
How did I miss that? So harness, hbb and lbb are all good for 10y now. So it is longer then the frontier? I know it doesn't harness as long, but you can use it more years, so greater for a family that hands seats down.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yes, new as of last summer, not retroactive.

The new manuals say to go by 10 years from the date on the seat, and they don't make a difference between harness, high back, and backless.

Wendy

Syllieann

I wrote Graco to ask about this. They said there are 2 dates stamped on it. One is for booster mode and 1 is for harness mode. The csr said they didn't make changes to the harness portion.

StillThankful

I wrote Graco to ask about this. They said there are 2 dates stamped on it. One is for booster mode and 1 is for harness mode. The csr said they didn't make changes to the harness portion.

Did they happen to tell you where the 2nd expiration stamp was located? I've looked all over and only see 2 stamps--the "Do not use this restraint 10 years past the date of manufacture" and "Do not use without instructions."

Last edited:

Syllieann

Did they happen to tell you where the 2nd expiration stamp was located? I've looked all over and only see 2 stamps--the "Do not use this restraint pass the date of manufacture" and "Do not use without instructions."

She said both are on the bottom. Keep in mind that this is just a csr so it's possible that she didn't have all her facts straight but she was adamant that the harness isn't usable for 10 yrs.

christineka

I have a hard time getting correct info from graco csrs. This last time I called and asked specific questions a few times over "just to make sure" because the lady changed her answers. In the end, was "go by the date or dates on the bottom of the seat". If there's one date, then that's what you go by. If there are two, then you go by those.

StillThankful

I have a hard time getting correct info from graco csrs. This last time I called and asked specific questions a few times over "just to make sure" because the lady changed her answers. In the end, was "go by the date or dates on the bottom of the seat". If there's one date, then that's what you go by. If there are two, then you go by those.

That's really good news for me--I'll be able to pass this down to DD2. I guess I'll keep the Lagrange spare cover--I'm sure I'll need it if I'm going to keep the GN that long!:p I really love this seat--it's a breeze to install and a good fit for DD1.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't know about Canadian ones.

I had a Graco CSR tell me the armrests weren't required on the Turbo. I asked then what held the belt down. "The belt guides." Umm, the ones created by the armrests?

Wendy

xursusmaritimusx

the one i checked on monday with a feb 2012 manu date only had 1 stamp. i looked everywhere for any other sticker or stamping to indicate a difference.

said 10 years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC