Question Amp or Literider?

mlohry

DS who is 8 in September is outgrowing the HB TB. I'm not as crazy about the shoulder belt fit with the TB and no back. I really wanted to get him an Amp, his older DS has one and I love that seat, it's an awesome fit on both my boys. But middle DS saw the flames literider and now wants that. I tried a friends and the fit is good, but I just think of the Amp as a more permanent seat and the LR just an extra, thoughts??

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I give out Literiders all the time, I really love them. They have great lap belt positioning on every kid I've ever put them in... the only time I run into issues with them is with bigger kids, the seat pan is not very wide. So some of the bigger built 8-9-10 year olds aren't comfortable in them.

If it fits your DS well, I'd have no problem as an everyday seat!

Irishmama

We use them as every day seats and we love them! The kids have never complained about them being uncomfortable. One thing to think about, if head support growing room is limited, I noticed the Literider sits lower than the Amp did, at least in our Sunfire. HTH!

NVMBR02

DD1 has both a Literider and an Amp and she prefers the Literider. The Literider lives in Dh's car and the Amp is in the basement. Both of them have great belt placement on both of my older kids in both of our vehicles.

sirrahn

My older DD prefers the Amp over the Literider now that her legs are longer because the Amp is a bit deeper, but she happily used a Literider for quite a while and so did my younger DS. I have no issues at all with either as a primary seat.

Dmcj13

I don't have an opinion on the boosters, but if you would rather the AMP it comes in a flame print, but blue flames, maybe he would like that. Our WM carries it.

mlohry

Dmcj13 said:
I don't have an opinion on the boosters, but if you would rather the AMP it comes in a flame print, but blue flames, maybe he would like that. Our WM carries it.

It HAS to be red! He LOVES red! No tell me why they didn't make RED flames?!?! Duh!

NVMBR02

My older DD prefers the Amp over the Literider now that her legs are longer because the Amp is a bit deeper, but she happily used a Literider for quite a while and so did my younger DS. I have no issues at all with either as a primary seat.

Some of it probably depends on the shape of the vehicle seat. DD is pretty leggy but says the AMP makes her bum numb after awhile. FWIW, the AMP was her primary seat for the first 2 months or so, then we got the Olli. While it was her primary seat she never complained about it being uncomfortable or less comfortable than the Literider. I put the AMP in Dh's car and the Literider in the basement and she then asked for the Litrider back. It very well could be the AMP is less comfortable in DH's car but was fine in mine.

arly1983

My de uses a literider as a main seat. It's a little narrow on the inside so I ordered a Cruz for him. Otherwise we really liked it. It's the only booster that fits well in that spot of my 3-across. I am crossing my fingers cor the Cruz as its not here yet. I only have a Walmart and they only had the pink in stock.

kater-tot82

My DD likes the literider just fine, it is the seat she uses in DH's car...one of the only ones that is easy to buckle in it.

She uses the Cruz in our other car and likes that too but it doesn't come in flames I'm pretty sure :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC