All this talk about Recaros, but what about...

ymherrera

Everyone is talking about the pre-ordered Recaros (I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered the Signo) but has anyone pre-ordered the new Britax Advocate or Diplomat??

ADS

southpawboston

the advocate is a nice seat, but it's basically a boulevard with the new electronic gizmo that supposedly warns you if the installation is not correct. this feature adds $100 to the price of what is otherwise identical to a boulevard.

the diplomat is a roundabout with the added features of SIP and infinite adjust harness. it's also a nice seat, but it still only goes to 40 lbs, just like the roundabout. at $260, you can almost buy a boulevard and get a seat that goes to 65 lbs.

those are my guesses as to why there isn't so much excitement behind these seats.

angie3096

I don't feel like I need the high tech gadgetry enough to drop $400 on an Advocate. I like that it rearfaces to 35 pounds, but so does a Signo, for more than $100 less! If it had higher top slots than most seats I would get all googly over it, but it doesn't. I like the Diplomat a lot, but with so many people's kids outgrowing the RA rearfacing by height, I don't think the 35 lb rearfacing limit is going to help many people. Personally I am actually looking at the Diplomat as a first convertible for my yet to be born one, because I like the SIP and I don't mind that it will be outgrown soon; I want something compact for the Civic. My personal issue with it is the cover choices! I am hoping they will come up with something cute before next spring/summer, when I will want to buy one.

natysr

I don't feel like I need the high tech gadgetry enough to drop $400 on an Advocate. I like that it rearfaces to 35 pounds, but so does a Signo, for more than $100 less! If it had higher top slots than most seats I would get all googly over it, but it doesn't. I like the Diplomat a lot, but with so many people's kids outgrowing the RA rearfacing by height, I don't think the 35 lb rearfacing limit is going to help many people. Personally I am actually looking at the Diplomat as a first convertible for my yet to be born one, because I like the SIP and I don't mind that it will be outgrown soon; I want something compact for the Civic. My personal issue with it is the cover choices! I am hoping they will come up with something cute before next spring/summer, when I will want to buy one.

I just wanted to let you know that the larger Britax seats (Marathon, decathalon, & Boulevard) all fit very well rearfacing in my civic. See my siggy below.

angie3096

Thanks! It looks like we have the same color interior, too! That cover looks great in there, which fabric is that?
BTW I am so jealous that your LO is 35 months and still has 8 more pounds to go RF. I thought I did well to be able to RF my daughter until 38 months!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC