Is the BJCM your only stroller?

alanadoodle

If you own a BJCM as one of your strollers, is it your main one? Or do you also have a lighter-weight stroller?

I'm trying to figure out what stroller to buy - I'm currently borrowing a Cortina but I need to return in in the next 2 weeks.

I've owned several strollers in the past, but currently I only own a BJ City Summit Double jogging stroller.

The BJCM is one of the strollers I'm deciding between, along with the B-Agile and maybe the B-Nimble. While it would be nice to have an umbrella fold, I'd like a better basket than lightweight strollers usually have.

I guess I'm just wondering if I still need something else if I get the City Mini. This is my last baby (she'll be one next month) and I'd like to just get one stroller to last until I don't need one!

ADS

jordansmom

I have a Valco Trimode with joey seat and a Maclaren Twin Techno along with a BJCM. We do a lot of outdoorsy, all terrain activities so I really need the bigger wheels of the Valco. But if it weren't for that, the BJCM could totally be my one and only stroller.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
DS was not much of a stroller rider, but ended up with a BJCM and a Mac Volo. (I started out with a MetroLite & a Flare...but didn't love either.)

I liked having a really lightweight, small stroller in addition to the BJCM. It made it easier to get DH to agree to just keep one in his trunk, lol.

Then again, I got crazy deals on both of mine (less than $150 combined for new ones :eek:). If I'd had to choose just one, I probably would have gotten the BJCM because the bigger basket is a big deal for me.

Athena

We got ours when our youngest was 2. I had a mac at the time and planned to keep it, but eventually sold it because I found I always chose to use the BJCM. Although almost 2 years later, I don't need a stroller often these days, I still like it. The only problem I have is that my tall DD could use a taller stroller, but she has not complained yet. So I wouldn't buy it for an older kid, but would be very happy having it as my only stroller for a one year old. HTH.

tesslouise

We have a BJCM & it was our only stroller until I was flying w/ the toddler by myself (no hubby). Usually I wear her but being able to contain her while I used the restroom & while we ate was essential, so I bought an umbrella stroller at Once Upon a Child. I don't even know the brand. Now she prefers it so I keep it in the car, but I actually just ordered & received the back support for the BJCM (ours is a 2010, newer ones come with it) & maybe now DD won't feel so saggy. The BJCM actually fits better in my car (I can fit it behind the third row in a Mazda5)!

Jessica61624

I have a bjcms and I use it daily. Anytime we go to the store DS is in it. I also have a first years umbrella stroller(can't remember the name) and I haven't touched it since I bought the bjcm.

Rosey

I have a lot of strollers and have owned way more that I've sold or given away. I keep coming back to my BJCM, my workhorse. Love it so much!

zactayaus

The BJCM is our small light weight stroller.:p Our other stroller is a Jeep Liberty. I love that I can use the BJCM in stores and not worry about how wide the isles are. And you can not beat the fold on that thing. It is pure heaven. It lives in the back of my truck. The Jeep is quite wide but I love it for all-terrain stuff and if we are going to be out and about all day (cause it has two large baskets). The Jeep is huge though so it lives in the garage till we specifically need it.

alanadoodle

Thanks all! I just keep second-guessing it. I'd really like the 2012 model, but I don't want to spend the extra $$, especially for mostly the auto-lock. Decisions, decisions!

We are flying in August, but I'm thinking I can just borrow a friend's lightweight stroller for that...I'm hoping it's the last time we have to fly for a long time.

mom2kandm

I have the b-agile it was really easy to fly with. No need to get another stroller. Just get a stroller bag (the childress double worked fine) and you r all set.

I also have the mac valco. It has a really compact fold. It came in really handy on our trip to nyc. There are very few escalators and the elevators are pretty scary. The carrying strap made it easy to sling over one shoulder and navigate down the stairs. Also, the compact fold made it easy to get through some of the subway turnstiles.

Rosey

I flew with my BJCMD (with ONE child LOL) and it was great. I think it's easier than an umbrella, or anything that requires bending when folding. If the stroller is too big to go through the machine they just wand it like they did my double. Plus it was so nice at the gate to get my baby out and lift the straps and lean it against the wall. I was brave and didn't gate check it in a bag cause I wanted easy open and close as I was travelling alone with a 19 month old runner. Plus it doesn't tip like an umbrella when you take the kid out!

newyorkDOC

alanadoodle said:
Thanks all! I just keep second-guessing it. I'd really like the 2012 model, but I don't want to spend the extra $$, especially for mostly the auto-lock. Decisions, decisions!

We are flying in August, but I'm thinking I can just borrow a friend's lightweight stroller for that...I'm hoping it's the last time we have to fly for a long time.

There's a blue 2012 for $212 online somewhere. I just saw the post on here.

I've got a BJCMicro at my parents house in the US and if I were starting from scratch, I'd get a GT as my one and only stroller. I LOVE the fold and the improved basket access on the 2012 would basically resolve my issues with it. I've taken the micro through NYC subway turnstiles no problem. We've got an umbrella stroller there too (hand me down) that I've never touched.

Jillian

I don't find auto lock necessary at all for my BJCM (2011). I never find myself wishing for it or anything. And it's currently the only stroller I use. I think it's the perfect balance between full size and light weight.

alanadoodle

Thanks everyone! I'd been deciding between the fuchsia and the blue 2011s. I went back to BRU today (45 minutes away, ugh) to try the CM and the B-Agile again - I used my 4 year old son as the tester and was able to push him around easier in the CM than my 3 year old in the B-Agile - and he weighs 12+ pounds more! I decided the basket and lock were not necessary. And the main reason I don't want to fly with it is cargo space when we get to our destination.

So I bit the bullet and ordered the black/fuchsia 2011 from Albee! Hooray! I'm glad to finally have made a decision - I swear I research strollers more than cars, lol! I will post pics when I get it!:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC