how long was your baby in the keyfit and/or sr35/32/ss1?

krfogle88

Just curious of the average. dd is currently 4 months 11 lbs and just a tad over the first harness on the sr35 and between the first and second on the keyfit. hoping to get her to 14 months on both.

ADS

longstocking

My son was 14 months when he was in the Keyfit. He was on the tallest harness slot I believe. I'll have to look up his stats at that age.

BananaBoat

DD1 made it to at least 15 months in the KF30 and was a long torsoed kid. At 4 months she was 14# and 24.5" so I'd guess your DD will make it to 14 months. DD1 was 21# and 28.5" at 12 months & 24# and 31.25" at 18 months.

DD2 is almost 11 months old, 17# and 27" and just above the 2nd slots, but nowhere near the 3rd set. She's a bit smaller than DD1 was at the same age, so I expect her to easily make it to 15 months. I think we'll move her to the RA55 or TFP well before then, but it's nice to have something for travel.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DS made it to 22 months in his SS1, but he was and is very small. He was 16lbs and 28" at 1, and 19lbs 30" at 2.

xursusmaritimusx

DD fit in the ss1 until 20 months? she outgrew it by weight first. and then height by 22 months. if it had been a 32 or 35 she would have lasted until 22 months. she had a short torso though (still does)

DS is years away from outgrowing the sr35. hes 8.5 months old and i recently moved him up to the 2nd slots. they are just at his shoulders. hes almost 26" and 14lbs. dont know his torso but its short. still has room in 3 month onesies.

if your DD continues the same rate of growth i bet you'd make it to 2 years old in the sr35.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DD2 outgrew the SS1 by height right before her first birthday, courtesy of her long torso. :)

msg221

Nour was 2 and still fit in the SS1. She was in a convertible before then, so I don't know how long she actually fit; I just know that was about the last time I tried her in it. She was such a peanut, and actually, still is!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Laine fit in the Keyfit until two, and may still fit in the SR35. If not, it's been since January that she outgrew it.

January 30 (so 28.5 months) in the Snugride 35. Mentally push down her curly hair a half inch or more.
6794037801_8cd7bd6d67_z.jpg

Same day in the Keyfit.
6794041869_6f1dc83822_z.jpg

Wendy

krfogle88

Thanks everyone! thanks for the pics Wendy. I love your dd's hair!!!

Ella still wears nb onesies and just outgrew nb diapers and is in ones so i believe she has a short torso like dd1.

she will turn 1 in february and i want to make it till atleast spring w the carrier. :)

gigi

Mine is 12 months, 31", 19+ pounds and has about 4" above her head in the T35. I'm moving her to a convertible soon because she is nearing the max height of 32" (which I know not everyone follows but I prefer to follow my manual and not push the limits).

oliviacw

Rose has just moved out of the Keyfit at 15 months. She was getting close to one inch from the top of the shell, and then at her 15 month checkup we found that she was 30.25 inches. So, time to move. She's quite skinny thought, at only 17.75 pounds - glad I bought the Keyfit 22 and didn't pay extra for the 30!

christineka

I switched my dd out of the keyfit at 9 months, 16 pounds, and oodles of room above her head. I didn't need the infant seat anymore and wanted to sell it so I could buy something else. My dd is now almost 3 and fits if you go by weight and the 1 inch rule.

katiesmommy

DD1 would have outgrown the SS1 right around 2. I tried her in it at about 2 1/2 at the NEX and it was just barely outgrown. She still had about a 1/4 of an inch above her head at that point.

Kobain's Mommy

DS is short torso, but tall. He outgrew the SR32 between 22m and 24m. I'm not sure when since his sister was using the seat.

kirsty

My 2 year old neice still fits in the graco logico s witch is the same as the sn 32/35. If I went by the 1 inch like in the u s then she would just be outgrowing it now but in the UK you can use it till the head reaches the top so she prob has about another 6 months till its outgrown

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC