Question Can i put a 2005 3rd row bench seat in my 04 ody?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought the 2005 didn't have LATCH in the third row? Didn't it just have one (movable) tether anchor on the back sill? I could be wrong about that.

2006-2010 has one set of LATCH, but I think the tether anchor is also on the sill (or hatch or whatever it's called), so depending on the tether set-up in a 2004, you might not even have a top tether for the lower anchors.

I might be making all that up though. And that assumes the benches are interchangeable, which I'm not sure of. Can they even be removed?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, while there is a third row center set of LATCH in the 2005 model year Odyssey, you're not going to gain more top tether anchors for the third row over what you can do with your 2004 model in terms of top tether anchors, even if you do find out the third rows are switchable between an '05 and '04 (I'm thinking they aren't compatible due to the changes between generations size-wise). And Honda allows LATCH installs up to 40 lbs. (child weight) so you're going to need to use the seatbelt to install a carseat for a child weighing 40 lbs. and up. There is a top tether for the third row center position in the third row in the 2005 model Ody, but that tether anchor is on the tailgate sill, not on the third row seatback, and it's not movable to an outboard third row position, so there's no net gain in swapping the third row from a 2005 model into a 2004 on that front. You actually have the ability to add to more top tether anchors to the rear tailgate sill in the 2004 model year for the third row outboard positions (using Honda part number 82410-SE3-C01, called a plate assembly by Honda and retailing for about $13 from Honda dealerships or slightly less online if you google the part number), which you cannot do at all for the 2005 model year Odyssey.

lovemybabies924

I already added Tt outboard on one side of my 04, I just want to be able to latch my olli in... It drives me nuts I can't! Thanks for replying ladies!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC