Anyone have a Phil & Teds Verve?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Evo

Oooh, now I remember looking at the Evo. It looked way too low to the ground for the type of use I'd be putting it through.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Evo

I'm finding that the Qtro, with raincovers included, plus the carrycot, would run about $650 Canadian total. Is that fairly accurate with what you find? (I haven't looked up the cupholder yet.)

I wonder if I could find a friend near the border who goes down to the States periodically, and get it shipped to them, and then have them ship it from Greyhound once it's in the US (Greyhound is by far the cheapest shipping for strollers and car seats I've found...)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Honestly, I think the Qtro would suit you better than the Evo. The Evo is cool but I think the basket will frustrate you. And the canopy doesn't have a flip out shade and there isn't a funky UV cover (which I think would be super useful in Cali?). And it sounds like you won't be satisfied with anything less than air tires (although the Evo's are supposed to be amazing for non-air but they still aren't air).

Let me do some research for you tomorrow. But I think the Qtro is CAD$399 which is about the same in US$. Shipping a stroller via postal service is going to be $80-$100 and shipping the carrycot maybe $40-$60. I'm guessing a bit but this is from my experience selling strollers over the last few years. Might be able to find a store that would ship to the US. I'll look. Not sure of the carrycot price yet.

And yes, nice colours! What's your preference with 2nd and 3rd choices?

And of course if a Canadian is needed to help because we can't find a store to ship directly to you, I'm totally willing. Most of the baby boutiques offer free shipping on strollers within Canada so there's not likely to be extra shipping costs for you.

ETA: was cross posting with you. I live nowhere near the U.S. so I could only do postal service. But I'm sure there are others who do live near and go to the U.S.

The one advantage with me is you'd only pay 5% tax since any baby store that carries it would have to ship out of province to get to me. Someone in Ontario would have to pay 13% tax for example, if the store was in Ontario. So the tax saving may help offset shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am in LOVE with the blue. I haven't really decided what I like second and third. The red isn't bad, the orange isn't bad, the green isn't bad, I PREFER bright to boring, but I already have red, green, and orange strollers, and it's ever so convenient to say to jeff, "No, the red stroller" etc. (I have blue, too, but navy. So this would be "the bright blue stroller." LOL.)

Probably not the silver, it's gorgeous but would scuff too much kicking around our trunk and garage. So probably one of the boring blacks, is last choice, sigh... I don't like black, it gets hot, for one thing.

To give you an idea, a Clek Oobr got shipped to me from Oregon for $35 via Greyhound, while it would have cost over $100 to ship according to a USPS estimate, and close to $100 via UPS or FedEx. It's a LOT cheaper. (And it got to me in 2 days, in perfect condition.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ketchupqueen said:
To give you an idea, a Clek Oobr got shipped to me from Oregon for $35 via Greyhound, while it would have cost over $100 to ship according to a USPS estimate, and close to $100 via UPS or FedEx. It's a LOT cheaper. (And it got to me in 2 days, in perfect condition.)
Those are USPS prices though. Canada Post often has shipping cheaper to the U.S. than within Canada. LOL

I'll do some investigating tomorrow.

Oh and I put an ETA in my above post.

Last edited:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
See I knew that $399 sounded way too good. That was back when places seemed to be clearing them out here a year and a half ago or so. Original price was $699. And I'm having a hard time finding it here now. Most of the links are old or cached pages and the item isn't found if you search on the site. I'll call the distributor tomorrow and see what they say.

You could call this place in the U.S. tomorrow http://www.totrodsandprams.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27_38&products_id=229 because it still comes up when you search on their web site.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I probably won't call right now because it's not budgeted for this month. I'll see where it's available when I can put $800 or so aside for it...

Is there a distributor in your city if you check their site? If your tax is low, I know that can make a big difference (we pay almost 10% sales tax here vs. much lower in other states nearby.) If you have a distributor in your city, could they order it even if it's not in stock, and take a US Mastercard over the phone or by email?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh hey! Babies R Us seems to have the black in stock online for shipping for $500, free shipping.

Buy Buy Baby's website has silver, and has the bassinet, $400 for the stroller, $150 for the bassinet. Shipping not included but if I order it at our local store I can get free shipping AND I think use a coupon... I think for that price I might buy the silver and scuffs be hanged!

a09

If you get a Qtro I would love to know how you like it and how it pushes on rough sidewalks and dirt paths :) Please

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ketchupqueen said:
Is there a distributor in your city if you check their site? If your tax is low, I know that can make a big difference (we pay almost 10% sales tax here vs. much lower in other states nearby.) If you have a distributor in your city, could they order it even if it's not in stock, and take a US Mastercard over the phone or by email?

There used to be retailer 2.5 hours away but apparently they don't carry EasyWalker anymore. But ordering from out of province is usually best as then they only charge GST and not provincial tax as they are shipping out of province. So that's 5%. And strollers almost always ship free within Canada.

ketchupqueen said:
Oh hey! Babies R Us seems to have the black in stock online for shipping for $500, free shipping.

Buy Buy Baby's website has silver, and has the bassinet, $400 for the stroller, $150 for the bassinet. Shipping not included but if I order it at our local store I can get free shipping AND I think use a coupon... I think for that price I might buy the silver and scuffs be hanged!

Well I personally love the silver (and that ocean blue too!). I wonder if these are leftover from when there was a U.S. distributor? Or if BBB and BRU are getting them direct from EasyWalker? I'd they're leftovers, there may only be what they have left so keep that in mind do you don't miss out!

Let me know if you need me to do anything. I'd be happy to. I know several web sites here still had accessories in case you're having trouble finding those.

And if you end up with a silver BBB one, post pics!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The silver is pretty! It will have to wait to next month at least so I'll just cross my fingers. It's not listed as clearance or anything so I doubt stock is too low...

I may need help finding accessories if you can get them. Thanks for all the help!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Finally on a real computer- BBB has both black and silver for the same price. Uh, I think I'll go with silver! Even if it gets dirty easier, that's what stain removers are for, right?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ooh! Diapers.com has them listed as "closeout" but has them, $349-$379 for the stroller, $149 for the carrycot- but they have Aqua left. Not as pretty as that ocean blue, but hey, it's Aqua, I like! (They have the Brown for $299, actually. But I don't really like brown.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Brown, blah. I'd probably go with silver but I'm impractical on colours on price. LOL I'll have to go check out the aqua.

Awesome on the weight! :thumbsup:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am in L.A., but Bel Air is a LONG ways away from me. And I can't do that much this week anyway. Poop.

I would love to go see it just to try it out, but I really am not supposed to be in the car for that long a period of time right now (modified bed rest and all that.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ack! And now the Brown is back up to $370, but the Aqua is down to $299! And I can't afford to buy it this week! :crying:

I've decided I really want the Aqua, so hopefully that's still available by the time I go to buy. (Jeff says he's going to call clients up and try to convince them to pay today, and his boss to write him a commission check a few days early, so I can buy the one I want at a good price, but I'm not counting on that happening. It would be nice, though!)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Can you put it on credit card and that way you won't get the bill for a bit? Or does that not help any?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We have one credit card, and use it for emergencies only. Even if this qualified, which it does not, I'm not sure the limit is that high. We paid off all the others and closed them, because we've committed to living with as little debt as possible.

Times like this try my conviction and tempt me sorely, though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC