Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Carseat Crazy
    Or maybe the Mutsy 4rider or the Bumblebee Queen Bee?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org
    Rachel
    DD (7/08) ~52 lbs, 47" in a Cowmoo Frontier85
    DS (4/11) ~32 lbs, 39" in an XTSL
    DS (2/13) ~22 lbs, 33" in an RXT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: Anyone have a Phil & Teds Verve?

What about a European Pram? The kind with the skinny wheels you see people running around in snowy places with?
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
    I love my mbud and mbus too! Have you considered the mountain buggy duet? it is a double with 4 wheels but is the same size widthwise as a single. Honestly, I don't know if it works well for bigger kids though.

I specifically need to NOT have an extra seat. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
    Or maybe the Mutsy 4rider or the Bumblebee Queen Bee?

Queen B is on my list. Has it been discontinued though? I don't like the 4rider.

Quote Originally Posted by safeinthecar View Post
    What about a European Pram? The kind with the skinny wheels you see people running around in snowy places with?
    The Inglesina Classica is one. I'd also take an Emmaljunga if I find a newer one used-it seems difficult to import one or I'd consider that too.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Carseat Crazy
    Alright.... the Queen B is fabulous. I am like you, the size of a stroller doesn't bother me at all if it's comfortable and works for what you need. The jump seat for the Queen is cool too. The seat isn't exactly designed to use as a safe sleeping bassinet when not on the stroller, though.

I have a recommendation for sure. If price isn't a huge concern I strongly suggest that you look at the Silver Cross Sleepover pram with the classic chassis. It is a dream... truly nicer than anything in that class this side of the pond and suits all if your needs and wants. The bassinet has an available stand for using in the house or at a friend's.

We've had these for all of the babies in my family and they are wonderful. The workmanship and quality will be up to your standards and they are classic and beautiful to look at.

I will be over there again soon and could get detailed pictures if you want. When are you due? Congratulations, I am really happy to see that you're expecting :-)

We have a Mutsy with 2 bassinets and two toddler seats in my mom's garage... we only used it for Olivia's first 6 months before switching to a Pliko and BJCM. it's OK but I wouldn't buy one.
    <3

6. Thank You from:

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Bugaboo Donkey? it has 4 air tires, and the mono configuration comes with the luggage basket.

I tried the Donkey in-store and it was one of the worst pushes of any strollers I tried, hated it.

I'd love pram pics! A pram is really the way I'm leaning. The bassinet/carrycot won't be used in the house (anyone's) much, more for setting baby down in restaurants etc.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

good to know about the Donkey.

Know what's a bummer? Wayfair had the Queen B fully 50% off about a week ago. Like, actually the low price on the thumbnail, not higher when you clicked on it. I'll let you know if it shows up again.

Carseat Crazy
    I should be over there by August, just trying to figure out when I can get away. If you do a Google search for that stroller there is an excellent video review with great detail by Kiddiecare.
    <3

I'm not due until late September so I probably won't be buying until late August/early September at the earliest unless something really great comes along price-wise.

I have no stroller advice because I just don't know all that much about what is out there. But thank you for this thread because it made me feel better about all the strollers I am planning on getting when we have another baby....I was feeling guilty but I am feeling quite normal about it now.

13. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniCPST
    I have no stroller advice because I just don't know all that much about what is out there. But thank you for this thread because it made me feel better about all the strollers I am planning on getting when we have another baby....I was feeling guilty but I am feeling quite normal about it now.
    Hehe yes, I'm with you here. My kids will have 18 million and I'm not going to feel bad about it!

Dani, I've missed you... hugs and I hope you're OK :-)
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen

Yep. Doesn't have a removable carrycot/bassinet, though. Since we don't use a bucket seat in the car, we need one for when we want to take something small in to lay the baby in. Plus it looks like it would be awkward to push being so far from the seat to the back. I really won't be using any doubles capability so that's a detriment to the way I would use it.

Yeah, I really like it, but that's another one I can't find anyone who carries. Where did you find a store that carries it???
    I looked at Phil and teds site for what it'd worth you can use it with their cocoon carry cot

I saw it at a consignment store here in nc

Did you look at the peg perego skate? Very nice push
    Wyatt Henry, 5.25.2010

The Skate isn't all-terrain at all, imo.

The Cocoon isn't a stand-alone carrycot, really. I'd need the Peanut to work if I got a P&T... Not that I really like the looks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorldNanny

Hehe yes, I'm with you here. My kids will have 18 million and I'm not going to feel bad about it!

Dani, I've missed you... hugs and I hope you're OK :-)
    I was just thinking about you the other day...so yeah I've missed you too! I am doing good...thank you

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

you've put 4 wheel strollers on my radar today.

I just saw a tweet about the Mutsy Evo, so I had to look it up.

http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot...vo-review.html

I'm guessing not, er, 'beefy' enough for you. Seat looks short, but stroller queen declares it having an awesome push, and says "Mutsy knocked it out of the park".

It looks kind of short, but I'll have to look up more about it... Any idea if it takes a carrycot, though?

yeah. click on that "tweet" link.

or here's the same link - http://instagr.am/p/MCt-cAwIb7/

that's baby gizmo's picture (and declaration of love) that made me look it up.

I'm sure this is smaller than what you're looking for but I want one so am hoping someone will figure a way to get them over here easy so I can have one.

EasyWalker June
    Accessories

The EasyWalker Qtro should suit your needs and takes a carrycot. Also has a nice flip out UV flap from under the canopy and an available full size UV/bug net. Unfortunately there is no EasyWalker distributor in the U.S. anymore but I'm sure someone here in Canada would help you get one. (We're not getting the June here though....GRRRRR!)
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

22. Thank You from:

Re: Evo

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    It looks kind of short, but I'll have to look up more about it... Any idea if it takes a carrycot, though?
    Yes the Evo takes a carrycot http://store.mutsy.com/products/cate...1022637.0.0.0?
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

Re: Evo

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    yeah. click on that "tweet" link.

or here's the same link - http://instagr.am/p/MCt-cAwIb7/

that's baby gizmo's picture (and declaration of love) that made me look it up.
    thanks- I was on my phone and it only showed the comment, nothing else. I'll check it out some more.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    I'm sure this is smaller than what you're looking for but I want one so am hoping someone will figure a way to get them over here easy so I can have one.

EasyWalker June
    Accessories

The EasyWalker Qtro should suit your needs and takes a carrycot. Also has a nice flip out UV flap from under the canopy and an available full size UV/bug net. Unfortunately there is no EasyWalker distributor in the U.S. anymore but I'm sure someone here in Canada would help you get one. (We're not getting the June here though....GRRRRR!)
    Oh my gosh! I think you may have found it! The Qtro looks pretty much like... the MBUD in a single with a slightly better canopy! AAAAH! It even comes in gorgeous colors, I adore that ocean blue! Now, to figure out how much it would cost to get one to me... Any idea? I'd also want the carrycot (obviously), and probably a cupholder and rain cover.

(Also, I wonder why the June- which does look quite nice, BTW- has a 30 kg rating while the Qtro has a 20 kg. Not that my kids would probably hit 20 kg until over 4 years, so by then I'll probably be back to using a double. But curious.)

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    Thanks! I'll go explore their site some. I haven't liked the looks of their other strollers much but maybe I'll like it?