Anyone have a Phil & Teds Verve?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
At least I haven't really started in on wraps/carriers... yet...

I only have 2 Solarveil ring slings, a Maya ring sling, an OTSBH padded ring sling, a Moby wrap (though I've never used that-it was given to me), and I'm planning a Boba 3G.

Wait, maybe I have. LOL.

Hey, we walk a LOT with babies and toddlers! It's a practical concern!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

What about the Guzzie and Gus strollers?

I just watched this review of the 042 - http://blog.babygizmo.com/2012/06/baby-gizmo-weekly-giveaway-guzzie-guss-042-stroller

(which, btw, you can enter to win).

The front tires look wimpy, but the rear air ones are nice. Plus, the handle reverses so you can make the air ones in the front. Plus, it has a feature like the Stokke Xplory where you can tuck away the little wheels and pull it across sand and stuff.

The 1+1 Gabriola looks decent, too - http://www.guzzieandguss.com/gg-11-gabriola-red-p-107.html

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
g+g is a Vancouver company...It's the brainchild of the TJs folks. I've played with their stuff, and what they've essentially done with their products was to go through all of the best baby gear out there, do some reverse engineering, and ta-da... So I could go into the store and check out anything in person (including taking video/photos) if that's the route you want to take..but it would have to be sometime in the next 10 days ;)

-Nicole.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm. Not feeling the 042 love after that review. I don't do the beach, and it sounds like for the type of "all-terrain" use I need it for, not exactly what I need. I also don't love the recline, etc. I'll enter the giveaway anyway, of course. :p

Not thinking it's the stroller of my dreams, though!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Wait, you can DO that?

Really, what would that run? LOL. (Price doesn't matter much, but anything over $1500 is probably going to get me taken out and shot. LOL.)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My friend's stroller store doesn't carry Phil & Ted's because people tend not to like them. I gave her your criteria, though, and will let you know if she comes up with anything you haven't already thought of.

ETA: She says the Verve is a heavy push for hills. She's going to get back with me in a bit with some reccos.

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Bugaboos are not at all all-terrain. The Targo isn't really either. It's a nice stroller, though. Just not great for the gravel-walking and bumpy cracked streets I'll need it on.

What I really want to find is a stroller that's my Mountain Buggy Urban Double, but a single, but with a better canopy, and four wheels for better stability. LOL.

kalamos23

I love my mbud and mbus too! Have you considered the mountain buggy duet? it is a double with 4 wheels but is the same size widthwise as a single. Honestly, I don't know if it works well for bigger kids though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC