Anyone have a Phil & Teds Verve?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Well that debt free lifestyle is what's causing your problem!! :ROTFLMAO: I think a stroller deal that may go up in price qualifies as an emergency but you probably don't want to take money lessons from me. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Evo

Oh, Techno, I found a site that will ship the June worldwide, BTW. (If I can't get my aqua because they sell out before then I'm totally considering buying a blue one from overseas and Jeff will just have to put up with that. :p )

It will cost you almost $800 Canadian, but hey, you can get the June... (There may be more, actually. I haven't checked which other sites will ship worldwide, I was just looking at sites in the Netherlands on the off chance that I found a good price on last year's model there or something, because I have a friend who lives there and if they DON'T ship worldwide she MIGHT love me enough to ship it to me...)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Really??? My Google-Fu didn't turn anything up last time I checked! Where oh where?? And is the June available now? Oooooooo!!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
www.babyjungle.nl

They carry the June, and ship worldwide. Looks like the shipping weight for the June comes in the 10-20 kg category, so their "everywhere else in the world" shipping rate for that would be 110 Euros.

Oh, and if you want me to, I'll keep browsing other countries' sites and see if I can find it cheaper (either the stroller or shipping) since I'm totally considering doing that with the Qtro...

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Great! Yes if you find anything else let me know. Not likely there will be different pricing though since its new unless there's a place with cheaper shipping. But ya never know I guess!

And I found the release date. Apparently July 15 for the EU according to EasyWalker's page. Which works for me as this is actually for my mom.

ETA: CAD$682 after subtracting the VAT! Getting better! Ha ha!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It says 14 kg (once you convert it) shipped weight on their product page. :)

Haven't found anything else yet, but I'll let you know if I do!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ketchupqueen said:
It says 14 kg (once you convert it) shipped weight on their product page. :)

Haven't found anything else yet, but I'll let you know if I do!

Ha, ha, ya I saw that and was editing while you posted. :) and remember to subtract the VAT when you're calculating QTRO prices for yourself.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am not finding anywhere else that ships, and I'm out of languages in which I'm able to guess what they're saying. LOL.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ketchupqueen said:
I don't even see where they list the VAT. But I'm barely functioning on the Dutch site here. LOL.

If you add it to your cart, they list the VAT. And if you click the UK flag at the top, it changes the language to English.

ketchupqueen said:
I am not finding anywhere else that ships, and I'm out of languages in which I'm able to guess what they're saying. LOL.

Well you already did better than I did! You found one place! :thumbsup:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I was in the US site, and I put it in the cart, but the price stayed the same. Maybe on the US site they don't list the VAT to begin with?

I can ask around to see if I have any other contacts who speak other languages (I'm minimally functional reading websites in German, Dutch, Portugese, French, and Spanish, with the help of Google Translate) that might find another, but I kind of doubt it. I checked all the UK retailers, and most countries the retailers don't even have websites.

(There are two in Ireland I suppose you could email- no websites but they have emails listed...)

kalamos23

Strollerqueen (janet) on strollerswap had a qtro in the blue for sale, she may still have it, want me to contact her? She is in the US at least.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ketchupqueen said:
I was in the US site, and I put it in the cart, but the price stayed the same. Maybe on the US site they don't list the VAT to begin with?

Yes, when you select the proper destination country the VAT is already taken off. And silly me apparently didn't include shipping in my calculation even though I thought I had. So you were right CAD$825. :p

ketchupqueen said:
Oh! Local pickup! LOL

Well that would make life easier! And it's likely been barely used at all. She's super nice so I'm sure would hold it until payday for you if she still has it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If she has it, and the price is right, I'd have to send Jeff. Still too far for me to be allowed to go in the car. :( But he wouldn't mind. :) (I could make him take the kids out for the day to the pier if he was going to Santa Monica anyway!)

kalamos23

Ok, I don't think she has it anymore, I emailed someone else that had one for sale on there back in October just in case she still has it.

I did find the Phil and Ted Hammerhead, though, would that work for you? The only thing is the canopy is not the greatest. It does have a bassinet option though, 4 wheels, air tires, good storage. Someone on Strollerswap just listed one for sale with the doubles seat for 399+shipping, brand new, in black.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC