Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Anyone have a Phil & Teds Verve?

Or played with one in a store at least?

I know it's apparently pretty new. But I can't find any B&M stores near me that carry it, at all. So if you've seen one in person, how was the push?

Things that matter to me when choosing a stroller:

-four wheels
    -decent sun canopy
    -bassinet/carrycot availability
    -decent cargo room
    -good all-terrain
    -good push
    -weight limit over 40 lbs.

Things that don't matter:

-fold
    -weight of stroller
    -doubles capability (possible plus but not at all necessary and in reality will probably never get used)
    -maneuverability (within reason- I don't need to turn on a dime, but a really really hard to maneuver one is out)
    -price
    -color (yeah, I like pretty colors, but I'm fine with black and/or red and/or grey if that's what comes on the stroller that is otherwise perfect for me.)

The Verve so far is looking like it will meet all my needs really, really well (if I add the Peanut bassinet) BUT I am not sure how the push is. I live where we have HILLS and I intend to walk on them at least 3-4 days a week... I need to know what that push is like!

If you have tried it, please tell me, how's the push? And if you haven't, but have strong google-fu, want to help me find it in-store anywhere in Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Clarita or Orange Counties? Or alternatively, find it at an online retailer with return shipping insurance available in case it doesn't work out for me (or in-store returns available and stores in my area?)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Run far away. That's all haha, I think u would be much happier with something like the b-ready, but that's just me
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5

Carseat Crazy
    I second the b ready and NOT verve.

Re: Anyone have a Phil & Teds Verve?

The B-Ready is not all-terrain enough for me, and I don't like the push.

Have you guys tried the stroller I asked about, and have valid points to counteract my must list that are not on my don't care list, or did you just come in to bash my taste and the stroller I'm interested in?

If you are interested at all in actually helping with what I asked, the other two currently on the list are the Inglesina Classica or the Bumbleride Queen B. I'm not interested in any of the strollers I've tried so far, and I've tried a lot, they aren't what I'm looking for. The appeal of the Verve is it actually folds smaller than the other two I'm looking at so it could be mall stroller AND neighborhood stroller instead of me having two different ones for different functions.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

I have not played with the one you asked about. Personally, hate the Britax one. I know, that was not the question. I have the P&T with the second seat. I assume this one is much different than that.

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

How about an ABC doubles with the triple jump seat? Or is that overkill?

-N.

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.
    It's like free money...Couponsurfers.com

Sorry I didn't have time earlier, push is decent but heavy, not all terrain enough IMO, if you were just thinking mall and sidewalks it should be ok but i have only tried on showroom floor..I think the cargo was good tho. I have heard really good things about the queen bee but have never tried one.

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5

Quote Originally Posted by QuassEE View Post
    How about an ABC doubles with the triple jump seat? Or is that overkill?

-N.

I have four doubles already! Including a good all-terrain with carrycot. If I wanted to push three kids I'd be all over that stroller... I'm looking for a single so I can have an excuse to only push one child, though! (I was very tempted honestly, even though I have no need of it until two kids down the line, and only if those end up closer spaced than my others have been.)

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

I haven't tried one, but it's eligible for free shipping and returns on Amazon.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/phil-teds-Verve-Stroller-Black/dp/B004XIWUF8/"]Amazon.com: phil&teds Verve Stroller, Black/Red: Baby[/ame]

and if you do find it to try locally and decide to buy, it's $100 off on Wayfair right now - http://www.wayfair.com/philandteds-V...clearance=true

11. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen
    The B-Ready is not all-terrain enough for me, and I don't like the push.

Have you guys tried the stroller I asked about, and have valid points to counteract my must list that are not on my don't care list, or did you just come in to bash my taste and the stroller I'm interested in?

If you are interested at all in actually helping with what I asked, the other two currently on the list are the Inglesina Classica or the Bumbleride Queen B. I'm not interested in any of the strollers I've tried so far, and I've tried a lot, they aren't what I'm looking for. The appeal of the Verve is it actually folds smaller than the other two I'm looking at so it could be mall stroller AND neighborhood stroller instead of me having two different ones for different functions.
    Would never bash anyones wants was just in a hurry sorry. I have had a verve and passed it on because it is horrible on dirt paths even when pretty smooth. The push is great indoors and on smooth sidewalks though. The tires also seem to wear out faster than other brands. To me the quality wasnt what I expect from a stroller that expensive.

Too bad bob doesnt have a four wheeled stroller for you.

Looking at it, I really don't think it will be your awesome.

Carseat Crazy
    I am not sure of the weight limit, but check out the baby jogger city mini gt, it has air tires.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org
    Rachel
    DD (7/08) ~52 lbs, 47" in a Cowmoo Frontier85
    DS (4/11) ~32 lbs, 39" in an XTSL
    DS (2/13) ~22 lbs, 33" in an RXT

Quote Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
    I am not sure of the weight limit, but check out the baby jogger city mini gt, it has air tires.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org
    It also has three wheels.

Did you see the Phil and teds promenade? (Probably right?)

I loooove the queen b, I pushed it and almost tried to steal it from the store I liked it so much. Solidly built, beautiful fabric, dream to push
    Wyatt Henry, 5.25.2010

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakepirate11 View Post
    Did you see the Phil and teds promenade? (Probably right?)
    Yep. Doesn't have a removable carrycot/bassinet, though. Since we don't use a bucket seat in the car, we need one for when we want to take something small in to lay the baby in. Plus it looks like it would be awkward to push being so far from the seat to the back. I really won't be using any doubles capability so that's a detriment to the way I would use it.

I loooove the queen b, I pushed it and almost tried to steal it from the store I liked it so much. Solidly built, beautiful fabric, dream to push
    Yeah, I really like it, but that's another one I can't find anyone who carries. Where did you find a store that carries it???

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Tomorrow I can check with my friend who works at a stroller store in San Clemente. I know that's probably farther in OC than you want to go, but...

Thanks. Calabasas BRU is listed as a retailer for P&T and so are a few shops in Sherman Oaks, so I'm going to start with Sherman Oaks, then check with Calabasas BRU, but if neither have it I'd be willing to go down some time to try it out.

(I like too many strollers now. I told Jeff he just needs to make an extra $4000/month so I can buy all the strollers. LOL.)

Don't go to the dark side. Isn't a car seat obsession enough?

Hey, I've been vigorously de-stashing the car seats for several years. I'm being VERY practical about car seats. Something has to give.

(And, uh, I've already gone over. I have 2 Mac doubles, a BJCMD, a MBUD with carrycot, a C1 with carrycot, 3 generic umbrellas, a Starck, and a CCO Flash frame. And two wagons.)

Yeah, there's no hope.