Anyone have a Phil & Teds Verve?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I love my mbud and mbus too! Have you considered the mountain buggy duet? it is a double with 4 wheels but is the same size widthwise as a single. Honestly, I don't know if it works well for bigger kids though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

I specifically need to NOT have an extra seat. Lol.

Or maybe the Mutsy 4rider or the Bumblebee Queen Bee?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org
Queen B is on my list. Has it been discontinued though? I don't like the 4rider.

What about a European Pram? The kind with the skinny wheels you see people running around in snowy places with?
The Inglesina Classica is one. :) I'd also take an Emmaljunga if I find a newer one used-it seems difficult to import one or I'd consider that too.

Alright.... the Queen B is fabulous. I am like you, the size of a stroller doesn't bother me at all if it's comfortable and works for what you need. The jump seat for the Queen is cool too. The seat isn't exactly designed to use as a safe sleeping bassinet when not on the stroller, though.

I have a recommendation for sure. If price isn't a huge concern I strongly suggest that you look at the Silver Cross Sleepover pram with the classic chassis. It is a dream... truly nicer than anything in that class this side of the pond and suits all if your needs and wants. The bassinet has an available stand for using in the house or at a friend's.

We've had these for all of the babies in my family and they are wonderful. The workmanship and quality will be up to your standards and they are classic and beautiful to look at.

I will be over there again soon and could get detailed pictures if you want. When are you due? Congratulations, I am really happy to see that you're expecting :)

We have a Mutsy with 2 bassinets and two toddler seats in my mom's garage... we only used it for Olivia's first 6 months before switching to a Pliko and BJCM. it's OK but I wouldn't buy one.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I tried the Donkey in-store and it was one of the worst pushes of any strollers I tried, hated it.

I'd love pram pics! A pram is really the way I'm leaning. The bassinet/carrycot won't be used in the house (anyone's) much, more for setting baby down in restaurants etc.

crunchierthanthou

good to know about the Donkey.

Know what's a bummer? Wayfair had the Queen B fully 50% off about a week ago. Like, actually the low price on the thumbnail, not higher when you clicked on it. I'll let you know if it shows up again.

I should be over there by August, just trying to figure out when I can get away. If you do a Google search for that stroller there is an excellent video review with great detail by Kiddiecare.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm not due until late September so I probably won't be buying until late August/early September at the earliest unless something really great comes along price-wise. :)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I have no stroller advice because I just don't know all that much about what is out there. But thank you for this thread because it made me feel better about all the strollers I am planning on getting when we have another baby....I was feeling guilty but I am feeling quite normal about it now.:D

DaniCPST said:
I have no stroller advice because I just don't know all that much about what is out there. But thank you for this thread because it made me feel better about all the strollers I am planning on getting when we have another baby....I was feeling guilty but I am feeling quite normal about it now.:D

Hehe yes, I'm with you here. My kids will have 18 million and I'm not going to feel bad about it!

Dani, I've missed you... hugs and I hope you're OK :)

cupcakepirate11

ketchupqueen said:
Yep. Doesn't have a removable carrycot/bassinet, though. Since we don't use a bucket seat in the car, we need one for when we want to take something small in to lay the baby in. Plus it looks like it would be awkward to push being so far from the seat to the back. I really won't be using any doubles capability so that's a detriment to the way I would use it.

Yeah, I really like it, but that's another one I can't find anyone who carries. Where did you find a store that carries it???

I looked at Phil and teds site for what it'd worth you can use it with their cocoon carry cot :)

I saw it at a consignment store here in nc

Did you look at the peg perego skate? Very nice push

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Skate isn't all-terrain at all, imo.

The Cocoon isn't a stand-alone carrycot, really. I'd need the Peanut to work if I got a P&T... Not that I really like the looks anyway. ;)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
DisneyWorldNanny said:
Hehe yes, I'm with you here. My kids will have 18 million and I'm not going to feel bad about it!

Dani, I've missed you... hugs and I hope you're OK :)

I was just thinking about you the other day...so yeah I've missed you too! I am doing good...thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm sure this is smaller than what you're looking for but I want one so am hoping someone will figure a way to get them over here easy so I can have one. :D

EasyWalker June
Accessories

The EasyWalker Qtro should suit your needs and takes a carrycot. Also has a nice flip out UV flap from under the canopy and an available full size UV/bug net. Unfortunately there is no EasyWalker distributor in the U.S. anymore but I'm sure someone here in Canada would help you get one. (We're not getting the June here though....GRRRRR!)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Evo

yeah. click on that "tweet" link.

or here's the same link - http://instagr.am/p/MCt-cAwIb7/

that's baby gizmo's picture (and declaration of love) that made me look it up.
thanks- I was on my phone and it only showed the comment, nothing else. :) I'll check it out some more.

I'm sure this is smaller than what you're looking for but I want one so am hoping someone will figure a way to get them over here easy so I can have one. :D

EasyWalker June
Accessories

The EasyWalker Qtro should suit your needs and takes a carrycot. Also has a nice flip out UV flap from under the canopy and an available full size UV/bug net. Unfortunately there is no EasyWalker distributor in the U.S. anymore but I'm sure someone here in Canada would help you get one. (We're not getting the June here though....GRRRRR!)

Oh my gosh! I think you may have found it! The Qtro looks pretty much like... the MBUD in a single with a slightly better canopy! :love: AAAAH! It even comes in gorgeous colors, I adore that ocean blue! Now, to figure out how much it would cost to get one to me... Any idea? I'd also want the carrycot (obviously), and probably a cupholder and rain cover.

(Also, I wonder why the June- which does look quite nice, BTW- has a 30 kg rating while the Qtro has a 20 kg. Not that my kids would probably hit 20 kg until over 4 years, so by then I'll probably be back to using a double. But curious.)

Thanks! I'll go explore their site some. I haven't liked the looks of their other strollers much but maybe I'll like it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC