Anyone have a Phil & Teds Verve?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Or played with one in a store at least?

I know it's apparently pretty new. But I can't find any B&M stores near me that carry it, at all. So if you've seen one in person, how was the push?

Things that matter to me when choosing a stroller:

-four wheels
-decent sun canopy
-bassinet/carrycot availability
-decent cargo room
-good all-terrain
-good push
-weight limit over 40 lbs.

Things that don't matter:

-fold
-weight of stroller
-doubles capability (possible plus but not at all necessary and in reality will probably never get used)
-maneuverability (within reason- I don't need to turn on a dime, but a really really hard to maneuver one is out)
-price
-color (yeah, I like pretty colors, but I'm fine with black and/or red and/or grey if that's what comes on the stroller that is otherwise perfect for me.)

The Verve so far is looking like it will meet all my needs really, really well (if I add the Peanut bassinet) BUT I am not sure how the push is. I live where we have HILLS and I intend to walk on them at least 3-4 days a week... I need to know what that push is like!

If you have tried it, please tell me, how's the push? And if you haven't, but have strong google-fu, want to help me find it in-store anywhere in Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Clarita or Orange Counties? Or alternatively, find it at an online retailer with return shipping insurance available in case it doesn't work out for me (or in-store returns available and stores in my area?)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The B-Ready is not all-terrain enough for me, and I don't like the push.

Have you guys tried the stroller I asked about, and have valid points to counteract my must list that are not on my don't care list, or did you just come in to bash my taste and the stroller I'm interested in?

If you are interested at all in actually helping with what I asked, the other two currently on the list are the Inglesina Classica or the Bumbleride Queen B. I'm not interested in any of the strollers I've tried so far, and I've tried a lot, they aren't what I'm looking for. The appeal of the Verve is it actually folds smaller than the other two I'm looking at so it could be mall stroller AND neighborhood stroller instead of me having two different ones for different functions.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have not played with the one you asked about. Personally, hate the Britax one. I know, that was not the question. I have the P&T with the second seat. I assume this one is much different than that.

lovemybabies924

Sorry I didn't have time earlier, push is decent but heavy, not all terrain enough IMO, if you were just thinking mall and sidewalks it should be ok but i have only tried on showroom floor..I think the cargo was good tho. I have heard really good things about the queen bee but have never tried one.

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
How about an ABC doubles with the triple jump seat? Or is that overkill? :)

-N.

:p

I have four doubles already! Including a good all-terrain with carrycot. If I wanted to push three kids I'd be all over that stroller... I'm looking for a single so I can have an excuse to only push one child, though! (I was very tempted honestly, even though I have no need of it until two kids down the line, and only if those end up closer spaced than my others have been.)

a09

ketchupqueen said:
The B-Ready is not all-terrain enough for me, and I don't like the push.

Have you guys tried the stroller I asked about, and have valid points to counteract my must list that are not on my don't care list, or did you just come in to bash my taste and the stroller I'm interested in?

If you are interested at all in actually helping with what I asked, the other two currently on the list are the Inglesina Classica or the Bumbleride Queen B. I'm not interested in any of the strollers I've tried so far, and I've tried a lot, they aren't what I'm looking for. The appeal of the Verve is it actually folds smaller than the other two I'm looking at so it could be mall stroller AND neighborhood stroller instead of me having two different ones for different functions.

Would never bash anyones wants was just in a hurry sorry. I have had a verve and passed it on because it is horrible on dirt paths even when pretty smooth. The push is great indoors and on smooth sidewalks though. The tires also seem to wear out faster than other brands. To me the quality wasnt what I expect from a stroller that expensive.

Too bad bob doesnt have a four wheeled stroller for you.

kalamos23

I am not sure of the weight limit, but check out the baby jogger city mini gt, it has air tires.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

cupcakepirate11

Did you see the Phil and teds promenade? (Probably right?)

I loooove the queen b, I pushed it and almost tried to steal it from the store I liked it so much. Solidly built, beautiful fabric, dream to push

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Did you see the Phil and teds promenade? (Probably right?)

Yep. Doesn't have a removable carrycot/bassinet, though. Since we don't use a bucket seat in the car, we need one for when we want to take something small in to lay the baby in. Plus it looks like it would be awkward to push being so far from the seat to the back. I really won't be using any doubles capability so that's a detriment to the way I would use it.
I loooove the queen b, I pushed it and almost tried to steal it from the store I liked it so much. Solidly built, beautiful fabric, dream to push

Yeah, I really like it, but that's another one I can't find anyone who carries. Where did you find a store that carries it???

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Tomorrow I can check with my friend who works at a stroller store in San Clemente. I know that's probably farther in OC than you want to go, but...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Thanks. Calabasas BRU is listed as a retailer for P&T and so are a few shops in Sherman Oaks, so I'm going to start with Sherman Oaks, then check with Calabasas BRU, but if neither have it I'd be willing to go down some time to try it out.

(I like too many strollers now. I told Jeff he just needs to make an extra $4000/month so I can buy all the strollers. LOL.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hey, I've been vigorously de-stashing the car seats for several years. I'm being VERY practical about car seats. Something has to give. :p

(And, uh, I've already gone over. I have 2 Mac doubles, a BJCMD, a MBUD with carrycot, a C1 with carrycot, 3 generic umbrellas, a Starck, and a CCO Flash frame. And two wagons.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC