I've been out of the loop, looking for something new

TheQueenMother

I'm going to sell my pink nauti with the extra cover to my family with the 45lb 2yo. I will still have a nauti, 2 britax marathons, EFTA, truefit and myride. I want a new forward facing only seat. I dislike the buckles of the gn and myride. The seat will be used for ds1, 4.5 40lbs. He is above the third slots on the gn slightly so he uses the top slots. He is very skinny.
I had a radian xt and it wasn't my favorite. I've never used a recaro but am open to being enabled.
Ds2 is a different body type, built like a linebacker. Ds1 can still wear 24month shirts by width but they are much too short. Ds2 looks like fat man in a little shirt in the same sz.
What seat would you get for something new?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Do you have the old, push-down GN/MR buckles? If so, you should be aware that they've switched to a newer buckle that you may prefer.

I would look at a Maestro for a 40lb 4.5yo, or a Frontier. I do love my ProSport but IMO it doesn't gain you anything over a GN, it's just more expensive. I got mine for a great price, otherwise it would have been tough to justify.

TheQueenMother

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll look at those. Can I change buckles on the gn/mr just by ordering new ones? That would be great. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC