part #?

birdflippin'

My friend drives a '98 Chevy Blazer with no top teather. What is the part number she needs to request 2? And should they be free if her DH installs them?
I finally got her to do a proper install otherwise... it only took 4 years of nagging, friendly teasing, and teaching her daughter when I transported her. She's even asking about what her son should ride in when he's born in Sept:love:

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't have my LATCH manual handy, since it's packed.. but isn't it just the outer cargo hooks? I'm pretty sure the manual says it right in there..

-Nicole.

snowbird25ca

She needs to call her dealership and find out. GM is no longer doing the installations for free - I'm unsure if she'll have to pay for the part or not.

GM has also quit making tether anchors for their vehicles so the question will be whether or not she can still find the part for her vehicle. Hopefully the dealership can track the parts down for her.

mommycat

Yeah, latch manual says part nos aren't listed because they change often, but that a dealer should have a list. It also only lists the blazer for 01-02 and 03-05, so not sure why they don't even mention earlier models? For the modeks listed it says TAs are triangular cargo tie downs on floor near the swayback NOT by the liftgate. But that's for the later model years. She should call her manufacturer to ask since the answers are not here.

QuassEE

The newer models are the cargo hooks closer to the seat, but the older models were the ones closer to the liftgate. That's probably why the LATCH manual makes that specification for the newer models, which are listed in the manual. This is also why I always pull the vehicle manual out for any GM SUV.

I'm 90% sure it's the cargo hooks closest to the liftgate. It's definitely not a retrofit situation, and thus no part number is needed. They just need to consult the manual as to which set of cargo hooks were used in that specific vehicle.

-Nicole.

QuassEE

By the way--if they happen to spot the manual's instructions regarding child restraints and the centre seating position, while looking up the anchors...Chevy has actually updated their instructions in regard to centre seating position use, and they can install a child restraint in that seating position as long as you can get a good install. Generally this requires a really narrow seat, that fits between the seatbelt anchors.

-Nicole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC