Insurance refusing to pay, please help!

trinalb

This is my thread about my recent accident: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2282492#post2282492

My insurance company is giving me trouble about getting replacement seats. They say they are only willing to reimburse what I paid for the seats and have to prove this via receipts. I bought both my SKRXTs on sale; one for $80 less than the RXTs current retail and one on clearance last fall at $160 off the current retail. I can't afford to pay the difference to get new seats! What can I do/say to the insurance company to get them to pay up the whole amount? I already did the, "What if I didn't have a receipt or it was a gift," angle and she said they have guidelines they follow in those circumstances which does NOT include replacement value, only a bare minimum replacement seat. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed? This is ICBC, btw, the public insurance agency in British Columbia.

I honestly am feeling like if I can't get them replaced with RXTs that the low risk of there being actual damage to these seats is much lower than it would be to get lesser restraints and have to turn DS FF.

ADS

Brianna

Have you spoken with a supervisor? Tell them it's not your fault that your seats are no longer safe and your children need the same level of protection they had before the crash at no cost to you. Keep asking to talk to their supervisor.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

trinalb

Have you spoken with a supervisor? Tell them it's not your fault that your seats are no longer safe and your children need the same level of protection they had before the crash at no cost to you. Keep asking to talk to their supervisor.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

She said she would check with her manager, but that won't be until next week. I reported the accident on Tuesday and she only got back to me to start the claim today. Who knows how long this process will take and then I still need to order new carseats and wait for them to arrive. I don't know how they expect us to be without restraints for this long. I want to just order the seats now but I'm afraid they won't reimburse me if I do. This is so frustrating!

trinalb

Yay, she just got back to me and said her manager approved it! Apparently the manager was more reasonable than she is! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC