Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question Buckle question for Britax Boulevard

My son's Britax Boulevard might be having a buckle problem. Currently, when I buckle him in, if I try to put the left metal part into the buckle first, it will not click. If I put the right first, it clicks in place and then the left can click in place as well. Both appear tight and fine as long as I do them in that order. Is this worrisome? Has anyone else had this problem? I have had this seat for a couple of years, not at expiration date and I think (unless I'm crazy!) that this is a new problem!

Thanks,
    Andrea

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    My suggestion would be to rinse the buckle with plain running water. No soaps, cleaners or other liquids. There could be a Cheerio or other toddler shrapnel lodged in there which is impeding the buckle's function. If this doesn't remedy it, I would place a call to Britax customer service (they are wonderful) and inquire about it.
    -Angela

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Buckle question for Britax Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son's Britax Boulevard might be having a buckle problem. Currently, when I buckle him in, if I try to put the left metal part into the buckle first, it will not click. If I put the right first, it clicks in place and then the left can click in place as well. Both appear tight and fine as long as I do them in that order. Is this worrisome? Has anyone else had this problem? I have had this seat for a couple of years, not at expiration date and I think (unless I'm crazy!) that this is a new problem!

Thanks,
    Andrea
    Check your owner's manual and see what it says about the crotch buckle. Older Boulevards (for example the one I have that was made in 2006) only click on the second side. Newer ones (for example the one I have from 2008) are supposed to click on both sides. I'm not exactly sure when it changed, but the manual might indicate what the crotch buckle is supposed to sound like.
    Cutie #1 (10 years) riding sneakily in an Incognito when she's not 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (8 years) riding in a Recaro Probooster

Cutie #3 (5 years) riding in a Recaro Prosport
    Cutie #4 (3 years) riding in a Radian XTSL
    Cutie #5 (recent addition) riding in a cowmoo Chaperone

Unregistered

Re: Buckle question for Britax Boulevard

Thanks! I will try both of those. Good advice.
    Andrea