Question about which Car seat to use on vacation

Yoshi

Okay. I thought it would be simple, and I asked DD which seat she wants to go on a long (5 hr car) trip in...the Radian or the Evenflo Triumph Advance? She said the Triumph Advance. I asked her why and she said it was more comfy. She rides in the Radian 99% of the time and I think she is probably right about the comfort of the seat of the Triumph Advance BUT, she will sit higher up and our makeshift upside down reading pillow footrest will not work in that case, (it will be too far below her feet) So her legs will hang....but the seat is plenty deep for her legs- unlike he Britax seats it's a full 3" deeper under the knees. Also, Since she has to be outboard, I got to thinking that she may have more protection from the deeper shell of the Triumph Advance. So, what do you guys/gals think? Yes, she HAS to be outboard. It does not install well with a seatbelt in my Subaru Outback center position. I tried and tried. All seats must be outboard in that dang car. We are leaving Sunday. DH is driving my parents RV and she and I are going together in the car. Aren't you all proud of me about that?:love:
Oh yeah, my Mom tried to convince me that nobody was going to crash and so what if the RV doesn't have a safe place for a car seat- why the heck are we driving 2 vehicles? Argh! Besides the fact that at least we won't have to drive the gas-hog around town and un hook/re hook-up every time we want to go out for dinner. She just agreed with me that that part made sense.
ETA: she if FF obviously

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I think it sounds perfect. Could you add a pillow or two under her feet, or use an overturned styrofoam cooler as a base for the pillows?

Have a great trip! It sounds fun (and safe).

Wendy

Yoshi

I was just adding to that post while you replied, Wendy- I was thinking about adding a pillow. She may not need it as she puts her feet up on the passenger seatback, but I can try that. Good thinking! Thanks!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Can her feet rest on the vehicle seat at all? Aiden's feet were able to rest on the vehicle seat when he was in his MA.

Have fun on your trip!

Morganthe

If she likes the seat and is comfortable, let her be & don't worry. She's 4, she'll let you know if something is wrong eventually ;)

It wasn't until I got on board this forum and discovered there were issues with kids' legs dangling and going numb. DD never had any complaints even though she'd ff'd since 18 months and on some pretty long journeys. :eek:

I have no clue if it was due to the comfort of the Maxi-Cosi seat or just her physiology. :shrug-shoulders:

Yoshi

We will be using the Triumph Advance. I hate to bring the pillows at all, as it makes it even harder for her to get in and out, but I will. I can stash them on the passenger side since DS will not be coming on our trip after all:(. Thanks! The campground has wi-fi, so I won't be awol....:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC