Probooster or MonTerey?

krystin_21a

I am looking for a booster my my oldest who turned five in April. He currently rides in a Frontier 85 and while we love it, we are looking at a possible move to Thailand in the next few months. From my research it appears that even though we will have a driver, rear seats do not have locking belts and since I can't use a locking clip with the 85 the seat is pretty much useless over there since he doesn't weight enough to use it as a booster. He currently weights 36 pounds fully clothed and is 39 or 42 inches, I can't remember. In any case, he is on the small side so I need something that is for smaller booster riders.

As for my other two kids, I see that Britax Thailand has the Multi Tech and I was wondering if you live there would you spring for two for my little ones. They are currently 2 years and the youngest is 8 months on the 20 th, and both peanuts like big brother. Thanks in advance!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

well, if you were open to it, the multi tech should also fit your 4yr old.

for your other two kids... what seats are they in now?

krystin_21a

Well, the oldest is actually five and will be closer to 5.5 by the time we get there. I just need him trained in a booster so that we have something for him to ride in on our way to our final stop. Where we will live is about 2.5 hours from the airport. Purchasing a Multi Tech for him is great suggestion if we could get it beforehand and have it on the plane. Since that isn't an option, booster training is what I am aiming for until we can get him back harnessed on e there.

My other two are in a classic marathon (so lock offs) and a Keyfit 30 (so lock offs there as well). The other two are set until we get there. My sons marathon will expire next year and the baby will eventually need a new seat, but for now they are good with seats.

Kat_Momof3

ah... yeah, I'd use the seats you have until you get settled and maybe until the ma expires for the 2yr old and then when the baby needs moved out of the keyfit.

I'd probably take a Graco Turbobooster for the oldest, but plan to get a multitech when you get there... you can move him to the turbobooster again when he passes it down to the middle sibling when the ma expires.

Then I'd get another mulitech when the infant seat is outgrown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC