Thinking of getting certified...

mrosehughes

Since I've had DS, I've become passionate about so many things I never thought I'd care about, and at the top of my list is car safety. So I've been thinking for awhile now of getting certified as a cpst, and there is finally a local class that fits into my schedule. Im a WOHM with no plans to turn my carseat safety awareness into anything other than a hobby, but I figure if I get certified I can help out friends and family and maybe hold occasional checks at DS's daycare. The only cons as I see it for getting certified are the cost of the class and time off from work, but neither is a big problem right now. Anyone care to comment?

ADS

Keeks64

I just took my certification on the 1st & it was alot of fun!!! I'm super glad I took it & it's nice to have that authority to back up everything you say :) I would totally take it if you can even just for your own knowledge :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Aside from being able to work events, just being able to precede any advice with, "I'm a carseat technician, and..." has been HUGE. I can give out the exact.same.advice I gave out pre-techdom and people are willing to listen to it because I have the certification. :)

mrosehughes

EmmaCPST said:
I would looooveeee to have a (good) tech nearby to assist when I do group events! :love:

:)

I was hoping one of my first events would be to finally schedule the check at DS's school with you that we've already talked about!

NikoTroi

Here is the link to search for a class in your area: https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbza...OURSESEARCH&Webid=safekidscertSQL&pSearch=yes

ETA: I haven't gotten certified yet (due to wonky work scheduling), so others will have to answer any additional questions aside from the "searching for a class" piece.

Thank you for the link. I'm in Orlando Florida and the closest one is in Tampa, about 1 1/2 hours away. If it was a 1 day thing, I'd be there but I can't leave the boys for 5 days as hubby can't take the time off. Hopefully one will be here sooner :)

hedgefun

NikoTroi said:
Thank you for the link. I'm in Orlando Florida and the closest one is in Tampa, about 1 1/2 hours away. If it was a 1 day thing, I'd be there but I can't leave the boys for 5 days as hubby can't take the time off. Hopefully one will be here sooner :)

You might think I'm crazy, but can you commute the 1.5h each day?

1.5h can be a normal commute for me some days. But I don't blame you for waiting for a closer one!

NikoTroi

You might think I'm crazy, but can you commute the 1.5h each day?

1.5h can be a normal commute for me some days. But I don't blame you for waiting for a closer one!

:D You're not crazy. We actually moved here from Delaware and my hubby commuted 1 1/2 hours each way every day for work. I remember that traffic very well.

I can't do it because I have no one to watch the kids. If I wait until they are in school, which the class in Tampa would be when they are back, I can't get there until at least 10 and then would have to leave by 1:30 the latest to pick them up. Hubby works from 7:30 to 5 every day so he's out.

I'm going to email them to see if they're going to have one closer so I can go :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC