Size4Me vs. MyRide and puzzling photos

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I did some photos with the S4M -- how it compares to the MyRide and how it puzzles with other seats (and a few other seats with each other as well) and got a bit carried away. The good news is that the S4M puzzles very well with lots of seats, especially because it essentially has two shapes due to the cupholder/noncupholder side.

Disclaimers: no judging me for my messy car. Seats are often not installed but should be plenty representative for the purposes of showing puzzling. Misuses exist (like no headrest behind a Monterey and aftermarket harness covers on my expired demo SR20) but no one will ride in seats this way!

Photos uploaded in reverse order -- most seats have multiple photos/angles/close-ups so click the photo below and then hit "previous" to see other photos of those same seats. The Scenera/SR20 got intermixed so keep clicking back to see more of the SR20. Also, any recline angles are for the photo you're about to see, so, angle indicator first then "previous" for the seat at that angle.

Verdicts:

MyRide and Size4Me are definitely different shells. Click the thumbnail for a ton of different angles and comparision shots (appx 15 photos)

Front-to-back space vs. Radian -- S4M is shorter by a bit (5 photos)

MyRide/Radian/Size4Me is a pretty tight three-across -- the S4M/RN takes up more space than the MR/RN though. (2 photos)

Monterey and RF Radian puzzle extremely well (7 photos)

Rear-facing Size4Me --

Radian and Size4Me puzzle quite well with both rear-facing, but not so well with the S4M FFing; fairly well with the Radian FF and the S4M rear; and well with them both forward (17 photos)

MyRide and Size4Me, both rear-facing... not so successful unless angles are varied, but work better on the non-cupholder side (5 photos)

Rear-facing Size4Me and Turbo puzzle extremely well (7 photos)

As does the RF S4M with the Literider (3 photos)

Maestro with the RF S4M only puzzles a bit on the cupholder side, but better on the non-cupholder side. (7 photos)

RF S4M and ProSport don't work so well, cupholder-side... but better non-cupholder side. (8 photos)

Snugride20 and RF S4M puzzle a bit on the cupholder side, they kind of follow each others' countours. (2 photos) but not really on the non-cupholder side (2 photos)
&

Scenera doesn't puzzle well with a RF S4M when it's RFing, but puzzles wonderfully on the cupholder side when it's forward-facing (3 photos) although not so much in either configuration on the non-cupholder side.
&

The RA50 puzzles great on the cupholder side when FFing and well (but not amazingly) on the non-cupholder side while FFing, but not well in the alternate configurations (8 photos)

(continued in next post)

Last edited:
ADS

Carrie_R

FFing Size4Me

I guess I've never paid attention when I put the MyRide FFing, but I like how the belt path allows the shoulder belt to slide up a bit to help with HE numbers.

Back to the RA50, it does well RFing on the cupholder side and FFing on the non-cupholder side. (4 photos)

The SR20 puzzles okay on the non-cupholder side but not so much on the cupholder side when the S4M is FFing. (2 photos)

RF Scenera with FFing S4M is good on the cupholder side and okay on the non-cupholder side; FFing just a bit on either side. (10 photos)

The ProSport just does not get along well with the S4M. There is perhaps the tiniest bit of overlap but it's really a pretty wide combination, regardless of side. (4 photos)

Maestro doesn't really puzzle on the cupholder side, but on the non-cupholder side it does IF it's got some pressure on it. Guessing a really tight install might do the trick. (3 photos)

Literider still works well, as does the Turbo. (3 photos, 1 photo)

The rear-facing MyRide puzzles okay on both sides, but it is a very wide combo. Forward-facing, it is okay on the non-cupholder side. (8 photos)

The Monterey does not puzzle well with the FFing S4M on either side. If you turn the Size4Me rear-facing, it puzzles wonderfully on the cupholder side and a bit on the non-cupholder side. (6 photos)

Misc other seats

Maestro and Literider puzzle tightly -- so tightly I'm not sure how you'd buckle! (4 photos)

Maestro puzzles a little bit with the Scenera, either direction. (3 photos)

Literider also puzzles well with the Scenera in both configurations. (5 photos)

Cryssy Jane

Rep when I get to a computer. I think this may be my next seat. Hmmm. Can you take a close up of the rn and s4m?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Carrie_R

There are several shots if you go to photobucket via the thumbnails Crystal - did you see those or is there anther view you need?

ETA: Just realized I have the wrong thumbnail for the RN - I'll fix later - and the thumbnails aren't clickable in the app. You'll likely find what you need on the computer.

As an aside, I've been thinking about how a similar gallery for ALL seats could be really useful. That may just be because I live in three-acrosses though, does anyone else feel the same?

Cryssy Jane

Carrie_R said:
There are several shots if you go to photobucket via the thumbnails Crystal - did you see those or is there anther view you need?

ETA: Just realized I have the wrong thumbnail for the RN - I'll fix later - and the thumbnails aren't clickable in the app. You'll likely find what you need on the computer.

As an aside, I've been thinking about how a similar gallery for ALL seats could be really useful. That may just be because I live in three-acrosses though, does anyone else feel the same?

I didn't see those do I'll check it out when I can get to the computer at nap.

I too live in 3 across situations as well so I love when other people post even though it might not work as well in my vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Mags462

First you ROCK for all of those combos/photos!

Question - i see the turbo puzzles well on the cupholder side of the RF Size4Me.... what about on the other side? I have a large sedan (2009 Ford Taurus) and will soon have two booster rider (both HBB) and one RF child. I HATE the Radian with a passion and would love to ditch it if possible. For reference sake i currently have a Turbo, RF TF, and a B530 booster across the back. Its tight (i have to buckle the boosters) but they fit..... do you think i could get a turbo on the non cupholder side of the Size4Me?

Carrie_R

Maybe? It does puzzle on the other side. If you click on the photo of the Turbo you'll see more pics of it, including the other side (pic 92) if that helps more than my tentative option lol

ktbear2

Thanks for all the pictures!

Do you think it would puzzle FF with a Frontier or a Nautilus? Does it sit high up enough on the base like a MyRide to puzzle over them?
I'm looking ahead for a 3 across option all harnessed FF without using my radian that I'm not super fond of.

Carrie_R

It's definitely possible, it's high like the MR but doesn't have the cupholder hanging as far down. What are the kids' specs?

ktbear2

I have 2.5 yo triplets who are (yes) FF & have been since 2. We had 2 scream-until-you-puke-all-over kids. And after trying DVD players, toys, snacks, etc. turning them was the best choice for our family.

They are currently in MR65s & are all even with the 2nd to last slot, so we'll be on that last slot soon. And in Sceneras in vehicle 2 on the top slots. We are TTC #4 & I want the option to put 3 across our 3rd row 08 Sedona, keeping a captains chair out like we have now for room to load & put a potential new baby in that other captains chair. Or have that 3rd row option now, so that I could ever go anywhere with my sister, mom & her baby without taking a 2nd vehicle.

They are approximately 33lbs, 37.5in., 29lbs, 36.5in. & 29lbs 36in. Not sure of torso hights (& they are sleeping) but they are not leggy kids. They always wear a smaller size pants than shirts, so they seem to be more torso.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC