Britax Chaperone Stroller for bigger kids?

Lemonade

I bought one to resell and it's coming today. It will be very tempting to open it. I still use a stroller for DD when we walk DS to school daily/pick him up. Does anyone have pictures or opinions on whether it would work for an older child. My concern is the lack of a foot rest and her feet being close to the wheels. She's 39".
Thanks!

ADS

Lemonade

Curiousity killed the cat. Or, opened the stroller box.

It's nice but her feet have no where to go. Off to Craig's list.

Lemonade

Savannah

It's nice and nice looking. I sort of wish she fit better. She actually doesn't mind and loved it but I can't rationalize keeping it when she actually has a foot rest in the BJCMicro. Her feet aren't near the wheels like in her Maclaren so that's good. It was only $41. Albee sells them for $89. Originally $299. As long as I don't lose $, I'll be happy:)

mykidsmylife

I got one as well and we have been using it all day. It is a beast but it pushes soooo good even on hard dirt and grass. It also turns like a dream. I got it to use at SeaWorld b/c of the large basket and lay down option. We bring food and water in so we need somewhere to keep it. I had planned on re-selling it after using it but I like it so I am torn. I also had the same concerns with the lack of leg support but she seems fine. I may end up rigging up a pool noodle support or something.

SavsMom

I got one just to play with, put my 40" 4 year old in it and was amazed that she fits nicely, lol! I put the leg rest all the way up and it actually gave her better support than I thought it would. I was shocked at how easy it is to push and steer.

mykidsmylife

Here is just a couple of quick shots as it is morning and the sun is bright. I can get better ones later if needed. I don't have pool noodles with holes down the middle so I have to find some to make a foot prop.

Last edited:
I bought one to resell..a year ago.. and it's still here, I couldn't part with it. It works so well for mall shopping and on rough surfaces. I put a 6 year old in it when she's tired (and cranky) and she has never complained about her foot placement, although she's never in it for very long. I :love: the adjustable handle. I'm 5'9, so slightly on the giraffe side, and I NEED tall handles. I find the basket falls if you put too much weight in the rear of the basket, closest to the back wheels. Other than that, and the fact that it's beast, I love it.

Mine is Savannah too, it cleans up well!

mykidsmylife

Yeah we had that issue at the grocery store, the basket collapsing and groceries falling out. WE bought it to load up when we go to SeaWorld so I hope it doesnt happen there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC