Very undecided about prosport.

Cryssy Jane

For some reason I could have sworn the harness was taller. I have yet to put it in the car however sky is on the top slots with not much room to grow (less than an inch) and boss man is on the second to top slots with maybe 1/2 inch before it needs to be bumped.

Eta: apparently sky is just about dead even with the top slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:
ADS

Cryssy Jane

I guess the top slot still gives boss man some room but then his noggin is almost completely out of the headwings.

Last edited:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's the same harness height as the GN/Maestro... So to go taller you're looking at the F85.

Cryssy Jane

Carrie_R said:
It's the same harness height as the GN/Maestro... So to go taller you're looking at the F85.

See sky still has tons of room in the gn. He's on the second to top slots. I'll post a pic when I can go through and delete some attachments.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Odd. They might be off by .25-.5in but they're very close. You're sure you've got the top set of slots right? Lol

Cryssy Jane

Carrie_R said:
Odd. They might be off by .25-.5in but they're very close. You're sure you've got the top set of slots right? Lol

Lol yep. Triple checked.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It's the same as the Nauti on paper. We have more room in the ProSport than the Nauti, but I'm sure the reverse could also be true. She only has about 1/2" in the ProSport over the Radian.

Cryssy Jane

An Aurora said:
It's the same as the Nauti on paper. We have more room in the ProSport than the Nauti, but I'm sure the reverse could also be true. She only has about 1/2" in the ProSport over the Radian.

Interesting. I'm going to install them side by side in the van's captains chairs to compare. Maybe he'll gain a little room in the install.

christineka

When I measured the prosport, I got 18 inches even. The nautilus is 18.25 inches. With my kid in the seat in the van there was even less room. I don't know why people keep saying the prosport's top slots are 18.5 inches because they're not.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I've had the same issues, before installing my son needed the 2nd set of harness slots which looked PERFECT! After installing it was quite a bit under his shoulders so I had to bump him to the 3rd which is WAY above.

I'm trying to make myself love it.... because it is staying. My son likes it so I guess that is what matters. I do like the harness straps themselves.
Recaro1.jpg

StillThankful

The feature I love about this seat is the SIP! However, I would like it if the top slots were higher-- especially since Recaro boasts a whopping 90# harness weight limit! After installing it, I hope you really end up liking the seat:)

Last edited:

bnsnyde

I'm in love with the seat. My nearly 6-year-old is at the top slots and has a tiny bit of room to grow, but not much. He is nearly 48 inches.

My 4-and 2-year-old (almost 3) are on the second to top slots. They have the same torso, pretty much. Maybe the older one is a bit longer there.

And if the 4-year-old uses the 5-year old's seat, she can with the pad to boost her up more in the headrest. She's actually getting close to needing that slot anyway.

So I can put any combo of 3 kids in the car if it's just 2 kids at a time, except for the 1-year-old, of course, who has a RF Scenera with air-bags to swap in if he goes in that car (never has).

Genevieve

CPST Instructor

That's strange. Not that I don't believe you, I do, but my kids have much more room in the Nauti than they do the ProSport. What a phantom seat!

Cryssy Jane

Wow talk about phantom seat. I don't know what the difference between today and yesterday was but sky's got wayyyyyy more room today. He must have had his shoulders pushed up or something.
Eta: I think maybe the headrest part wasn't straightened out so it made the harness look so much shorter.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC