Curiousity killed the cat

glockchick

Good thing I'm not a cat. ;)

Talk to me about the Bubble Bum and hip support

I thought part of the function of a booster was to act as artificial hips for the kid? There's no way the BB can do this, right?

What am I missing here? Why is the BB ok without the hip support?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Doesn't it have little clips on the side that you have to slide the belt through? Those would act like armrests and keep the belt where it needed to be. It's kind of like the Ozzie in Canada.

April

Doesn't it have little clips on the side that you have to slide the belt through? Those would act like armrests and keep the belt where it needed to be. It's kind of like the Ozzie in Canada.

Oto ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

patty

BB for first time booster rider?

For a just turned 6yo child who's only ever sat in 5pt CRS, do you think he may slip under the lap portion of the BB, or otherwise not maintain a straight back, or totally flop over if asleep? Somehow, the compressible nature of the BB makes me think it is even easier to "squish" it around in use and for the belt to get misaligned. We are going on a trip and I think I could fit 2 disassembled Parkway SGLs in suitcases (one for sib), I *might* order these BB if the answer is yes. I really do have SGLs that are just fine ...

It's either the booster approach, or bring 2 Frontier SICTs and hope they will fit on airplane seats. (unlikely)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Re: BB for first time booster rider?

For a just turned 6yo child who's only ever sat in 5pt CRS, do you think he may slip under the lap portion of the BB, or otherwise not maintain a straight back, or totally flop over if asleep? Somehow, the compressible nature of the BB makes me think it is even easier to "squish" it around in use and for the belt to get misaligned. We are going on a trip and I think I could fit 2 disassembled Parkway SGLs in suitcases (one for sib), I *might* order these BB if the answer is yes. I really do have SGLs that are just fine ...

It's either the booster approach, or bring 2 Frontier SICTs and hope they will fit on airplane seats. (unlikely)

With reminders, a 6 yo can sit fine in one. The belt fit is great and it doesn't hold position any less well than any other booster. For sleeping, any backless booster is pretty much useless...just depends on how long you plan to be in the car and your tolerance for lots of luggage :). Here's a blog review of the BB to give you a better idea of it's construction... http://carseatblog.com/10427/bubble-bum-review-booster-seat-or-flotation-device/

mykidsmylife

Seth has used ours for short rides at 5 yrs and 36lbs. He did not slip down and sat great on it. Johnathon is too tall to use it now. Oh and we have to EU (15kgs) spec BB, the US spec starts at 40lbs.

glockchick

Do you think it would work for an 11 year old on a 12 hr drive? I'm going to need to put Kaleigh center of the 3rd row in a RN so I can bring my cousin back with me and Gabe's PW doesn't fit next to it. I'll try him Friday when he's here to see if he five steps, but the way the belt is I kinda doubt it. Can you twist the buckle stalk without a car seat? I think that might bring the lap belt down enough.

NannyMom

Do you think it would work for an 11 year old on a 12 hr drive? I'm going to need to put Kaleigh center of the 3rd row in a RN so I can bring my cousin back with me and Gabe's PW doesn't fit next to it. I'll try him Friday when he's here to see if he five steps, but the way the belt is I kinda doubt it. Can you twist the buckle stalk without a car seat? I think that might bring the lap belt down enough.

You can only twist the buckle stalk for a carseat.

The BubbleBum is very small, and doesn't offer much leg support. If your 11yr would be fine with that, then it's a good option.

glockchick

Yeah that's what I thought. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

I have no clue how he'd do. He didn't like the LR because of lack of leg support. I'm really, really, really hoping he 5 steps. It would make this trip so much simpler.

CrazyBoysMamma

You can only twist the buckle stalk for a carseat.

The BubbleBum is very small, and doesn't offer much leg support. If your 11yr would be fine with that, then it's a good option.

It is short, but I haven't had complaints about it from my boys, and I have asked them specifically about leg support while they were riding in it and they have said it's quite comfortable. My theory is that it's *so* short that it tends to end about the same place where most vehicle seats start to slope up, combined with it's squishiness makes it more comfy. If I could figure out where the boys put it I would test this theory out my self.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC