Question 2013 CPST Courses?

hedgefun

Does anyone know how far in advance they decide (and publish on the search) the CPST classes? I really want to sign up for one, but I have to let work know so far in advance when I need time off (for more than a day or two, that is). I searched PA and the courses listed only go though October, which is too soon. To put in for the time off of work now, I'd need the class to be in January 2013 or later. Is there any hope that I'll ever find a course that far out? I might be able to beg and plead with my scheduler that this is really important to me, but that would need to be a last resort.

ADS

PikkuMyy

It's up to the lead instructor to post the dates on the Safe Kids website. When I was looking for a class close by and nothing was listed within an hour from home, I e-mailed the only LI in my area and he was able to give me a few dates in advance that had not been listed on the Safe Kids website yet. You can find the contact information for an LI in your area on the Safe Kids website where you search for techs/instructors.

HTH

caritas

I was in contact with someone in my area, and she also told me of one they're planning on in advance and approx when.

I'd email whomever is in charge in your area for it, hoping for more information. :)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Dang, what do you do? Like PPs mentioned, find out who the lead instructors are in your area and give them a call. Since you have to plan so far in advance, you might have to arrange to be in a closed class with PD/FD folks. We generally only schedule ours a couple of months in advance (if I'm lucky I get that much notice), but sometimes farther out for our PD guys.

hedgefun

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

The best way to describe what I do... I'm kind of like an auditor. Our schedule is done 6 months out and it's really hard to change unless it's something really important. But the good thing is that when we put in our requests 6m-1y in advance they do all of the scheduling around them and they can't cancel that time we've put in for way in advance. It's different if we just need a day or two off, but to get 3+ days it's a lot harder.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Do you want to come to Orange County, NY? I can probably look at a calendar for 2013 and tell you when my class in Goshen will be. :)

hedgefun

Do you want to come to Orange County, NY? I can probably look at a calendar for 2013 and tell you when my class in Goshen will be. :)

Thanks for the offer! I'd prefer something local (within an hour), but I'm open to taveling if it fits my schedule and there is some kind of Hilton hotel (Homewood, Hampton, HGI, etc.) so I can stay with points. :)

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
hedgefun said:
Thanks for the offer! I'd prefer something local (within an hour), but I'm open to taveling if it fits my schedule and there is some kind of Hilton hotel (Homewood, Hampton, HGI, etc.) so I can stay with points. :)

Yup. There is a hampton inn 5 minutes away from class location. And we're a boardie-friendly instructor team! :) Course will probably be the 2nd week of June next year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC