Question 2014 changes

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
:yeahthat: Exactly that.

And if the vehicle manufacturer says neither is appropriate (as Honda told me), is the parent expected to go against manufacturer's instructions? Or are they to booster (as recommended to me by Honda). And if you're supposed to follow manufacturer's instructions, what's the purpose of 65# seats is no one can use them FF past 40/48?

amyd said:
Yes, that's what I was thinking. No, I don't want to call TC. My kids both start screaming at me the second I think about making a phone call. Where's Angie? Make her call:duck::p. Or Tam...she started this whole mess:D

:ROTFLMAO: totally killing me here I'm laughing so hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Seats have been rated to 48lbs in Canada for over a decade and we have never had a manufacturer installed tether anchor fail last I heard.

There is no choice but to tether always or booster in Canada. Considering that the amount of force tether weights are required to bear has been raised over the years and the top tethers are stronger now than what they were 10 years ago, I would consider it safe to not really worry about the top tether, but the seatbelt should be used in place of the UAS after 40lbs unless the vehicle manufacturer says otherwise.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Seats have been rated to 48lbs in Canada for over a decade and we have never had a manufacturer installed tether anchor fail last I heard.

There is no choice but to tether always or booster in Canada. Considering that the amount of force tether weights are required to bear has been raised over the years and the top tethers are stronger now than what they were 10 years ago, I would consider it safe to not really worry about the top tether, but the seatbelt should be used in place of the UAS after 40lbs unless the vehicle manufacturer says otherwise.

Oh I agree 100%. I'm just saying that it appears TC may have statements which lead parents to believe otherwise. I really think they need to clarify their wording or remove that statement all together from their web site. Right now, it's confusing and leads people to believe that there could be a top tether limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC