Child passenger safety week ?

natysr

Someone mentioned on this board that Child Passenger Safety Week was being moved from February to September.

Is this true?

Does that mean they will do it in September this year? I haven't seen anything about it.

Or, are they going to skip February in 2008 and they won't have it again until September 2008?

They did a cruddy job of "promoting" it around here this past February. The ONLY thing I heard about it was on the A.M. news on Friday of that week that said "And this is Child Passenger Safety Week, so everyone buckle up your kids this week." :rolleyes:

I was way disappointed in that, so I was going to try to contact the local news to encourage them to do better stories, but I just don't know when the next one will be.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ahh, maybe that's why there seems to be a fairly high number of upcoming CPST courses in Michigan in September (about half of the classes currently listed are in Sept. around the state). Or it's just a coincidence due to typically more seasonable fall weather, maybe? Either way, good to know. :)

natysr

Yes, it will be next month. They didn't advertise it much in Feb b/c they knew it was moving.

I'm trying to search for information on what special programs my be in my area during that time and everything that comes up states Feburary 2007.

Who is in charge of setting the date etc? It it on their website? How do they notify local agencies?

mimieliza

And this is Child Passenger Safety Week, so everyone buckle up your kids this week.

Yeah, it kind of defeats the purpose if people think they only need to buckle their kids up for a week. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC