RF again after over a year FF!

aept

Today ds2 went back RF in the Prius in the new RXT. He is just over 4, 42-43 lbs with clothes/shoes on, and about 40" tall.
He was always a chunky baby and toddler and he went fully FF around age 2.5 as he hit the RF weight max (33-35 lb.) on all of our seats that we owned at the time.
He didn't love RF, but complied, and that's saying a lot as it is a tight three across and so there was the resulting sibling sparring as it was the end of the day and patience levels were low. Oldest brother only got kicked in the head once.

So now our "Prius three across" is three radians:
RF RN 65 with AA on driver's side for 11.5 month old
Center FF RN 65 for 5.9 year old who is very slightly over the top slots but at least that's "allowed"
RF RN RXT with AA passenger side for 4 year old (stats above.)

I think I like it better than our old set-up:
FF radian drivers side for 4 year old
RF radian center (best installed with AA for not touching front seats, but then bad for rear view)
Parkway SGL booster onpassenger side for 5.9 year old (needing help buckling every time in and out.)

Eventually we will have to figure something else out, but I like it for now until any of the following: ds2 is closer to 45 lbs, blvd in other car expires and I need the RXT back for ds3, or ds1 has a growth spurt and looks ridiculously tall in that ff radian!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

SynEpona

It's sort of strange to have a child in that weird 40-45lb range who can RF, FF or booster. Enjoy your new 3-across while it lasts!

My DS is in a Parkway booster now, but has 2lb left to RF in our newer Radians if needed for any reason.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC