Harmony V6 Highback Booster Pics

Brycen'sMommy

A few weeks ago I asked about the Harmony V6 highback booster. Nobody seemed to have any info on it and I couldn't find any reviews so I decided to try it out. I actually really like it!

The biggest surprise was the top belt guide measures about 20.5-21" with the padding compressed. I was expecting it to be the same height as the Dreamtime. My long torsoed DS still has one headrest click left in the V6 while he has almost outgrown the Dreamtime. It also has some type of energy absorbing foam/comfort foam in the headrest and on the back and bottom of the seat. So it's nicely padded and DS says it's very comfortable.

I took some comparison pics and measurements of the V6 and Dreamtime.

V6
belt guide- shortest 17.25", tallest 20.5-21"
back width- 16.25"
armrest width- 15.5"
seat depth- 14"
head wing depth- 7"

Dreamtime
belt guide- shortest 14.5", tallest 19"
back width- 16"
armrest width- 16.5"
seat depth- 15"
head wing depth- 6"

Headrests in tallest position
b6ce091e.jpg

I put white lines on the belt guides because it is hard to tell where they are in the pic.
c3ca9084.jpg

Engergy absorbing foam or just comfort foam? I can't tell.
4fc911a7.jpg

Close up of the foam. It is a plastic type material and squishy.
68832843.jpg

The headrest raises up and down easily with the red lever.
064f36c1.jpg

DS 5 years 11 months, 50 inches, 50 lbs. Headrest on second to last click. It is very narrow. It's sitting between a forward facing Size4Me and a Frontier 85 with plenty of space on the sides for buckling
74fcfe15.jpg

This thread has pics of DS in the Harmony Dreamtime just a few weeks ago.

We have been having trouble finding a booster that works for DS because he is so tall and narrow with long legs. We have tried the Diono Monterey (seatbelt won't stay in the belt guide), Parkway SGL (poor shoulder belt fit), Recaro Vivo (no leg support and he would slouch so his feet would touch the floor), Turbobooster with Safety Surround (said it was uncomfortable and not much growing room). He has been riding in a Dreamtime but we wanted something more padded and with energy absorbing foam for a 20 hour drive we are taking in a few weeks. The V6 looks like a keeper. It has great belt fit, is nicely padded, good leg support, narrow and tall.

Last edited:
ADS

christineka

What's the price on it? I want to know why it has what appear to be harness slots. I hope it comes in purple sometime soon.

mamakc

christineka said:
What's the price on it? I want to know why it has what appear to be harness slots. I hope it comes in purple sometime soon.

It also looks like there is a spot for a harness adjuster....?

-Krista
DD~5 Monterey /youth booster
DS~3~ Maestro / radian
DN~1~ Radian xtsl

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
And a belt path. Looks like a combo seat may be coming.

Loos like a great booster.

Wendy

Kat_Momof3

I'm impressed... and I understand their reasoning for not putting eps/epp foam on the dreamtime, but me likey foam :)

it looks like we have one we can recommend along with the turbo, amp, and dreamtime :D

Brycen'sMommy

$79 on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Highback-Booster-Seat-Black/dp/B0069SHR4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338991240&sr=8-1"]Amazon[/ame]

henrietta

I'm wondering if it's similar to some seats made for Australia..Britax makes some seats for there where you can add a harness to a booster.

henrietta

henrietta

I don't think that's comfort foam-comfort foam would be in the seat pad or a separate pad of grey/black super squishy sponge like material. If I'm not mistaken EPP foam is more "squishy" as opposed to EPS foam is stiff.

mamakc

Brycen'sMommy said:
It appears that this is a V6 with a harness which would explain the harness slots and belt path. This company has a lot of the same seats as Harmony so I'm assuming it's just a foreign division.

That would also explain why the v6 is similarly named to the v7 conbo seat. That was a head scratcher but now I get it

-Krista
DS~3~ Maestro / radian
DN~1~ Radian xtsl

Brycen'sMommy

mamakc said:
That would also explain why the v6 is similarly named to the v7 conbo seat. That was a head scratcher but now I get it

The V7 combo isn't a V6 with a harness. The V7 is a completely different seat.

mamakc

Brycen'sMommy said:
The V7 combo isn't a V6 with a harness. The V7 is a completely different seat.

I know but it was weird they had similar names but seemed like they had nothing in common. Now it makes sense, they are both combo seats, not available as such in the us lol

-Krista
DS~3~ Maestro / radian
DN~1~ Radian xtsl

kam1011

No latch, right? Is head support required? Does the back easily fall off like the turbos? (thinking for MIL. My 6yo just might fit in this!)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC