What's up with the new RN memory foam?

glockchick

I got a brand new RXT today and here's a comparison pic of the foam in it and the foam in an older RN I have.

The new foam is a lot more porous and just not as nice feeling. It's practically smushed flat in places. The old foam is thicker and more solid and seems like a much better quality.

Old foam is on the left, new is on the right
8e1f7bd8.jpg

New on top, old on bottom
daa58ea1.jpg

ADS

Lenae

I never had an old style Radian, but I do like the foam in our classic MA better than the RXT.

Mrs. Skeeter

I have an older style SK Radian 80SL that is about 2 years old. The foam in my seat looks like the old foam you show in your pictures, so it isn't just yours. Have you called customer service? I would be curious as to what they have to say.

Spam

my new foam is like that too, rxt. I no longer have the older one, but yeah I noticed a difference right away and thought they went cheaper with it on the newer ones.

glockchick

I have an older style SK Radian 80SL that is about 2 years old. The foam in my seat looks like the old foam you show in your pictures, so it isn't just yours. Have you called customer service? I would be curious as to what they have to say.

Not yet but I plan to. I told myself I have to get my closet cleaned out before I can do anything else.

Which of course is why I'm here....

I found some old PC games ex left and I was looking up on eBay if they are worth anything and of course I can't be on the computer without refreshing CSO.....

Follow the white rabbit. lol

careynj

If the only deciding factor between an R100 and an R120 was the memory foam, which would you go for? After seeing the foam do you feel it does much?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC