DS in his Envy Probooster (pic heavy)

jessi f

We really like it! I think the fit on DS is great and he's doing well with learning how to stay in position. He can buckle it and adjust the belt by himself but I'll be checking it for a good while just in case ;) And I :love: the color, pics do not do it justice.

I think didnt have his butt all the way back in the first pic but it was literally when he had first sat in it and we hadnt worked on proper position yet ;)

Second and third row in our Mazda5.

And one of just the seat.

Last edited:
ADS

jessi f

Thanks! I tried to talk DD into a Flora radian a while back but she loves her "pink seat" and was horrified at the idea :rolleyes::p

Kat_Momof3

I LOVE that pattern. My probooster is also from NBD so we got the all grey mystic pattern (which is fine by me, goes with my van's grey interior, but I know Ruthie would prefer color... but the fact she still prefers that booster over any other tells me it's the best for her)

And I still check Ruthie's tightness (I moved her behind me so when the kids are all getting in the car, she can get in on my side and the boys don't have to wait for her to get in and they can deal with the sticky door that she can't open or close on her own (she can with the one on my side) and now I've taken to buckling her and she gives me this face sometimes... like "Mommy, you know I can do it myself", but she's my baby. I make Jeffrey still check her seatbelt being tight in her dad's car since it's a 2-door (she's behind the driver so he can have the extra leg room on the passenger side there) and he's just happy I'm not nagging him in my van about it)

I don't think we ever stop worrying, though. I still ask the boys and turn around to look at their seatbelts to make sure they are wearing them and they are snug. Damian has taking to responding with... "Mom, you know I always put my seatbelt on" but Jeffrey is a little sassy and last time said... "Mom, I know how to use a seatbelt, I always use a seatbelt, I've never ridden without a seatbelt, except when I was in a carseat. I'd tell you if I wasn't buckled yet!" LOL... he's my safety conscious one so he can get away with it (the other day at the park he kept pointing out every single person/kid without a helmet riding a scooter/bike/skateboard and telling me they weren't safe. I wish I could have done something other than agree with him and remind him why I make the kids wear them, but there you are.

jessi f

DS wanted the orange SS TB but changed his mind when he realized the PB matches his precious green and brown elephant blankets he's slept with since he was a toddler. I had to did up an old pic of his squishy little self when I though about it :love:

He usually rides behind the driver but I moved him to the passenger side so I could keep an eye on him. We havnt actually driven anywhere yet but we sat out there for a long time today while he practiced buckling and he was very receptive to direction about how he sits. I really think he'll do well. My big boy *sniff*

emandbri

Love it! I wish so wish it had latch or didn't tip in my van, I want one to go with my floral radian and sweet pea nautilus!

Splash

Has it been tippy in your car? How is it in the third row? What's the leg room like if there is a passenger in the seat in front? It actually looks like it would be okay.
Charlie is in the second row in my Mazda 5, but if I ever have to put him in the third row for anything, I've put him in a backless, because otherwise there is just NO ROOM.

java

OT: but it looks like 1 seat in the 3rd row with one folded down?? What yr is that? I thought it was like a tiny bench in the back and if you were using 1 seat, you have no cargo space but you do! I really want that car!

Shaunam

Those colors appeal to me too....too bad I have ZERO need for *another* booster!!! LOL

Seriously, someone smack me if I post about wanting to buy another one.

jessi f

Has it been tippy in your car? How is it in the third row? What's the leg room like if there is a passenger in the seat in front? It actually looks like it would be okay.
Charlie is in the second row in my Mazda 5, but if I ever have to put him in the third row for anything, I've put him in a backless, because otherwise there is just NO ROOM.

I havnt actually driven with him in it yet but were running to the store after dinner. I'll try it in both rows while were out and snap a pic of the leg room in the third row for you. It looks like it is pretty much the same as what you would have normally.

OT: but it looks like 1 seat in the 3rd row with one folded down?? What yr is that? I thought it was like a tiny bench in the back and if you were using 1 seat, you have no cargo space but you do! I really want that car!

It's a 2009. All the models have two decent sized 3rd row seats that fold flat independently of each other. "09 was the year they fixed the seatbelt issue in the 3rd row. They also added a rear ac vent and some extra armrests (I think all that was in "09 but I could be wrong) I :love: it. It's perfect for two kids and very workable for 3.

Those colors appeal to me too....too bad I have ZERO need for *another* booster!!! LOL

Seriously, someone smack me if I post about wanting to buy another one.

It is pretty... and it's on sale at babycatalog.com :duck:

jessi f

We finally took our first drive with it! I'm happy to report there is no tipping in the 2nd or 3rd rows :) It isnt as solid in the 3rd row as it is in the 2nd but it does actually tip, if that makes sense. DS did really well with staying in position too.

Here are a couple pics of the leg room in the 3rd row. I had the second row seat all the way back and the recline set to let it fit in the contoured area in the side for the armrest. I moved the seat up a notch or 2 when I was actually driving.

Splash

Yeah, pretty much not there, as I expected.
If I ever had to put him back there permanently, I'll put him in the FR85 (which installs in the third row like.a.dream.)

I got a 2012 headrest to put in mine (2010), which is WAY more adequate than the old tiny headrests, so I'm okay with him being in a backless back there for short trips. He's nearly 7, 53 lbs and 48", so I'm not super concerned, and the tiny bit of extra leg room he gets is worth it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC