What has c-s.o done to me?

MamanMoore

Think I'm becoming a crazy car seat lady, lol!
Someone I'm no even close with but I have on Facebook updated saying they needed a car seat for FFing for 22 lbs. I think her pint was "my baby's already 22bs!" but all I saw was "Ahhhh! Don't FF a little baby! He's just a BABY!!" So I told her that he should still be RFing and said I'd gladly help her narrow he field for seats. Her response? "I've never seen any rear facing seats tho". o_O
So I gave her a list of convertibles saying she had probably just seen them displayed as FFing but they rf too. And asked her what she was looking for in a seat and the little one's size and her budget. My plan? Ask you techs which seat is best, lol.
I'm actually experiencing some sort of dorky high thinking I may have just helped keep a one year old RFing a bit longer.
(I also has a big conversion at a baby shower the other weekend and used the word ossification, haha).

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Pretty soon you'll have a running monologue going of which carseats you see in the backseat of parked cars, and how they're installed incorrectly. :) Then you'll be registering with Safe Kids and getting certified!

Wendy

katymyers

It's gotten so bad for me I peek in people's back seats to look at their car seats and how old they are, which seat it is, whether a TA is used, etc, etc lol :). It drives DH nuts!

Brianna

I'm actually experiencing some sort of dorky high thinking I may have just helped keep a one year old RFing a bit longer.
(I also has a big conversion at a baby shower the other weekend and used the word ossification, haha).

It's a great high though, isn't it? I :love: when somebody actually takes car seat advice to heart. On top of giving her a list of good convertibles to choose from, I would probably recommend she come here and visit a tech with her new seat :)

MamanMoore

Brianna said:
It's a great high though, isn't it? I :love: when somebody actually takes car seat advice to heart. On top of giving her a list of good convertibles to choose from, I would probably recommend she come here and visit a tech with her new seat :)

Yeah I had a big Facebook conversion with her about it, but thinking I'll refer here. I wanted to give something concrete, not just "check this website" because I really have no idea if she would or not. It was awesome that she actually wanted to hear about the seats available! Plus I've really wanted to to but a new seat for a while, but don't need one, so I get to shop vicariously through her a bit, lol.

MamanMoore

wendytthomas said:
Pretty soon you'll have a running monologue going of which carseats you see in the backseat of parked cars, and how they're installed incorrectly. :) Then you'll be registering with Safe Kids and getting certified!

Wendy

I'm hoping to train to be a doula when my kids are a bit older, then I thought I should add lactation consultant to that, now I'm thinking I'll be a tech to. It all just seems to fit together so well!

CuddlyMonsters

Yeah, you know you know a little too much about car seats when your husband doesn't want to hear about anything to do with car seats anymore, lol! :D

hrice

It's awesoem when you can get through to people!

When I met my son's best friends mom the car seat usage was awful. The then 3 year old was in a garage sale cosco seat that was missing the TT and loosey goosey straps and the tiny almost 8 year old would go back and forth bwtween using a booster or not and sitting up front. The 5 year old was boostered. Now the youngest, almost 6, is harnessed in a Maestro, the middle is in a HBB (bought a new van and the shoulder belt fit was awful in a backless) and the oldest (almost 10) is still boostered 100% of the time. She is expecting so I will be talking ERF with her soon. She knows I do and why but I feel she might need a little push since she never has. As tiny as her kids are they may be under 20# until 2 anyway.

MamanMoore

I think this the first I feel like my advice has been welcome - usually I just feel
Like I'm annoying people and they don't hangs anything. Like my SIL who has her Almost 3 year old boostered in a GN. A GN! Why not in the harness? Because his coat was so big in winter that the harness was too small! I've tried mentioning without being pushy - it just makes me sick to junk what would happen to her two boys (the little ones 18 months and has been FFing since 11 months) and her soon to be born new one (who will be going into an expired, used snugride) if they ever get into an accident).
So today's encounter was a wonderful change! It gives me hope and confidence that I should just keep being annoying, lol.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yeah, you know you know a little too much about car seats when your husband doesn't want to hear about anything to do with car seats anymore, lol! :D

Or when you've brought home enough strays that you don't mention them anymore, and just hide them under the deck until the next BRU trade in. :whistle:

Wendy

jacqui276

That is awesome that she will hopefully RF her little one longer because of your input!

Last edited:

squishles10

I saw people with car seats on planes last time we flew. Normally we're the only ones. I saw like 12! I was so excited!!! And walking through a parking lot I saw 4 RF seats. Granted it was the employee parking lot at a children's hospital but still!!!!

squishles10

My SIL wants to FF my niece for a trip this month. She doesn't turn 2 until next month. Makes me sad. I hope they don't. My ranting about internal decapitation apparently didn't work. :(

aclayton74

Wendy

:yeahthatlove:

I am actually pretty impressed with the parents in my town lately. Just in the last week I have seen 4 RF'ing seats with kids that looked older than one!! I also saw 3 Britax, 2 Radians and 2 Recaro's over the past few weeks!!

On the negative side I did see a FF'ing Snugride a few days ago.

katymyers

wendytthomas said:
Or when you've brought home enough strays that you don't mention them anymore, and just hide them under the deck until the next BRU trade in. :whistle:

Wendy

I love that :) my husband hates when I talk to people selling expired seats and don't even get him started on the ones I've "rescued"

jennlana

I've become a little carseat crazy too! I'm thinking of becoming certified after we move.:D

I'm not sure my husband can handle anymore carseat talk though! Haha!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC