Is this old news?

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
That is a new seat, but they've had seats that rear-face to 40lbs for a year or more now. The Marathon 70, Boulevard 70, and Roundabout 55 all RF to 40lbs.

jjordan

Britax has had 40 # RF seats for almost 2 years now. The Pavilion is just a new one. The Roundabout 55, Marathon 70, Boulevard 70, and Advocate 70CS all came out in the summer of 2010 and all RF to 40 pounds.

ohiomommy08

Duh! I knew that!! LOL! I'm just so used to (and love) my 35lb Marathon, I totally spaced that they had new seats:) I just saw this on my FB and checked it out and didn't put 2 & 2 together;) So yep - old news! :D

crunchierthanthou

It's not really a new seat. It's the Boulevard 70 CS. They made the crotch buckle stay forward, added a strap for HUGS positioning, and brought back the rip stitch tether.

FTR, they also made those minor changes to the Boulevard 70 and Advocate 70 CS, but didn't change their names except for adding G3.

As far as I can tell, the Marathon 70 G3 only got the EZ buckle system, not the HUGS straps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC