Question Machine "Hand Wash" washing cover?

PunkyMonkey

Britax manual says hand wash only... I have a 6 month old front loader that has a hand wash / delicate cycle... has anyone else ever used the machine? Its just SUCH a PITA to wash the cover in the tub!! I think my washer is a little too gentle with things because for DDs clothes I normally have to do the Heavy Duty cycle just to get the stuff off her clothes.

I know I should just wash it in the tub like I normally do but I'm just wondering if anyone ever uses the hand wash cycle!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It's probably fine -- many of us have done it -- but you do so at your own risk, since Britax won't (and rightly so, IMO) replace covers that were not washed per instructions.

amyd

I always washed my Marathon cover in a regular top-loader without issue. I wouldn't even think twice about washing it in a front loader.

glockchick

I wash all my covers in my front loader on hand wash. If it can't survive the washer, it can't survive in my house. Lol.

I've never had a problem with a Britax cover.

PunkyMonkey

Ahh thank you for all the replies... I knew I was overachieving by kneeling down gently washing these things in the bathtub! lol thanks again :D (off to wash covers!)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The handwash cycle in a front loader is very gentle, gentler than a delicate cycle. I do my fine lingerie on that cycle, tights, nylons/pantyhose and car seat covers. Covers come out as if I'd swished them around n the tub.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

bethng

When I had a top loader I always put them in there on regular wash. Always came out just fine! I now have a front loader and wash them in there on a regular wash cycle and just air dry. But I will admit I have put them in the dryer before when I needed it right away and no harm done.

lovemybabybug

I've had my Coccoro covers soaking in OxyClean for four days...

Careful with that. It might fade the cover. I left a batch of clothing soaking overnight once and the clothes faded. When I called oxyclean about it they said they only recommend soaking for up to 6 hours.

glockchick

I've had oxyclean eat holes in my clothes with just a couple hours of soaking. I don't use it anymore unless the item is so far gone that it won't matter if it gets ruined, but if it works it'll be great.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I soaked the skin from the BJCMD that Chely gave me in Oxyclean for several days changing the water daily and I was able to get mildew stains out. A stroller skin is different fabric of course so YMMV.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
On Monica's suggestion I soaked the skins of my Mountain Buggy for three days (changing the water every day). The stains came out and it looks brand new.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the OxyClean ate the whole cover of the CCO. The covers are trashed anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC