Question did you use the front canopy on a tandem double stroller? (Quattro Duo)

vmmatula

I just got a Graco Quattro Duo second hand and it didn't come with the front canopy or infant carseat adapter for the front cause the seller couldn't find them. They said they felt like it was always in the way for the rear passenger so they didn't use it.

My kids (tall 3 year old & .5) are very pale and so far great hat wearers but I still would think a shade would be handy.

My question is whether or not it is worth it to purchase a replacement one(we dont use the stroller super often.) They're not that expensive but if most people take them off anyway, why bother?

Did you use yours?

ADS

Maggie

No, they're useless. Fully opened it's like 12". Doesn't do anything. A hat would provide more coverage. And it gets in the way when folding the stroller.

ETA : I'm not sure about the newer ones though? But the one I had was pointless.

katymyers

I have a Quattro Duo and I really like the front canopy I have a hard time getting my kids to wear hats and while it doesn't provide a ton of shade it does keep them out of direct sunlight well enough. Try ordering a new one from Graco.

mominabigtruck

I always used mine and it drives me crazy when I see strollers missing the canopy. Like what baby wants to sit out in the sun and bake with no shade? I had several quattro duos and I have no idea how the shade would get in the way, it's not that much taller than the seat so it's not like it sticks up and blocks anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

vmmatula

Thanks for all your input. 3-1 in favor of a canopy is enough for me to spend the $20 to get one from Graco (hopefully i can find one that somewhat matches my red and brown stroller at least)

My baby will just not realize that he could/should be able to see in front of him in a stroller...he'll get used to looking to the sides if he knows nothing else, right? ;)

duckmama

Yes I do use the canopy a lot. Doubles never have quite enough canopy but it makes a big difference in the sun having the option. I also live somewhere It rains so they are really needed. For the record I work a lot of consignment sales and about half come in without the canopy (not much discounted either) and people always want the canopy ones.

aeormsby

I probably never used mine. But I only had it for about 6 months and that was mostly winter ;) I woudn't worry about the carseat adapter if you don't have twins, I always put my older one in the front.

babyherder

I have a duoglider and sometimes use the front canopy. Its not big and I've mostly used it to try to keep rain off a kiddo. But it doesn't help much and if it starts to rain I just take the kids back to the car or inside. Of course I got my stroller off craigslist for $10 so I wouldn't care if it was missing both canopies! (I know that's not really possible)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC