I asked Graco about the Size 4 Me 70 height restriction

ADS

Brianna

Now we just need somebody with a long-torso'd thin 39 pound child to see just how close their head is to the top of the headrest!

java

hmm...I think I want another response. No 1 inch rule? No standing by the 40 inch rule? No restrictions on how high the headrest can go? Is the headrest reinforced somehow when extended all the way out?

I am watching a 4.5yo that is close to outgrowing the radian ffing (well not really but her shoulders are close to the top slots) And she is 35lbs.... If I had this seat lol

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yeah, I don't think I like that answer either. No reflection on the asker, just wondering if the answerer looked only at the first set of restrictions and missed the second.

Can you ask a follow-up, such as "where does the 40" height limit come into play?"

cowgirlsmommy

Yeah, I don't think I like that answer either. No reflection on the asker, just wondering if the answerer looked only at the first set of restrictions and missed the second.

Can you ask a follow-up, such as "where does the 40" height limit come into play?"

Somebody beat me to it.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

I called Graco today and asked if all 8 head rest positions are approved for rear facing. The CSR of course couldn't give me an answer because she was relying solely on the manual. She took my information and said that they are going to pass my question on to someone that can give me an answer and that I should receive an email within 72 hours.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

So I ended up asking the same question in three different avenues so that I could compare three answers (email inquiry, Graco FB wall, and phone call). This morning I received a response to my email inquiry. They avoided the direct question of if all 8 positions were approved for rear facing, but here is what they did say:

"Julie, Thank you for contacting Consumer Services. For rear facing, the harness height must be at or just below the child's shoulders. The head support should be positioned so that shoulder straps are at or just below the shoulders and the child is less than 40 inches and less than 40 pounds.
Thank you for checking."

MomToEliEm

I keep seeing references to 40" limit, but I just looked through the manual (http://download.gracobaby.com/ProductInstructionManuals/PD205009A.pdf) and don't see any reference to it. All I see is the 40lbs and harness at or just below shoulders. Is there something stated on the actual seat which states 40", or is it on a page in the manual that I am missing? I want to make sure I update the data/measurements spreadsheet correctly with the information.

armywife12

Yep, page 27 reads : "Head support should be positioned so the harness straps are at or below the shoulders and the child is less than 40 inches and less than 40lbs"

Brycen'sMommy

It's not in the section you would expect it to be. I was looking on page 13 for the info because it's titled Height & Weight Limits. I think they need to add the 40" limit to that page.

MomToEliEm

Thanks!

Hopefully they will edit the manual to make it more clear. You would think that height limit would be on page 13 with the weight/height limits page if it was suppose to be there.

lovemybabybug

That just killed my excitemen a little. It is gonna be like the CA. There will be a bunch of leggy kiddos with oodles of room above their head but because they are 40 inches they can no longer RF in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC