Completely Destroyed Expired Seats (Pic Heavy)

cso1997

I had two recently expired seats that I needed to dismantle...err...destroy. We own an excavating company so I decided to have a bit of fun. This is a Britax Decathlon and a Chicco Keyfit vs. a Caterpillar D5 Dozer. Enjoy!!

Before:

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

This is the Decathlon going under the track and then flat as a pancake

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

This is the Keyfit base about to go under

IMG_0218.jpg

End Result:

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

At least now I am very sure that no one is going to dig them out of the trash and use them. Sorry if the pics are huge. I just got a Mac after a life of PC. I don't have it all figured out yet.

ADS

jacqui276

haha Looks like a fun way to destroy seats! Definitely don't have to worry about anyone using those!

canadiangie

Surprisingly strong, hey? I remember seeing an Evenflo JoyRide spring back into formation after a front end loader had come down on it. It took a few tries to actually destroy it. Very cool to see.

cso1997

Surprisingly strong, hey? I remember seeing an Evenflo JoyRide spring back into formation after a front end loader had come down on it. It took a few tries to actually destroy it. Very cool to see.

I was actually surprised at how well the Decathlon held up. The Keyfit was completely flat and cracked horribly. But, we could not get the handle to break at all. It did break off the side of the seat but the handle itself did not break. I feel just fine about leaving it up in the car as it seems very, very strong.

ETA: Here is one of the Keyfit showing the underside.

IMG_0230.jpg

embassykh

Interesting! Since the britax held up pretty well, I wonder what would happen to a Radian?

Seeing that also makes me feel good about leaving our handle up! Wow! Thanks!

jjordan

Ooooh... should not have looked. I'll probably cry when I have to destroy an expired seat of my own. So far I've given seats away before they've expired.

jennlana

Does it hurt anyone else to see a destroyed carseat? LOL I know that expired seats are very unsafe so I will do this when our beloved Boulevard expires in two years. But still.....:(

cso1997

Oh yes, it was bittersweet. These were my first two seats ever purchased. My oldest DD will be 6 soon. I actually plan to redress my other Decathlon and Keyfit with the covers from these seats. That will buy me one more year.

whiteyacht

You should offer to do this for the nearest BRU when they get all the old baby gear at the next trade-in! ;) Way too fun!

Nathaniel loved looking at these pictures, especially the 5th one as the Decathlon is coming out the back completely flattened.

And yes, a Radian would be fun to see, but we're still using both of ours!

christineka

Does it hurt anyone else to see a destroyed carseat? LOL I know that expired seats are very unsafe so I will do this when our beloved Boulevard expires in two years. But still.....:(

We're fortunate out here to have a car seat recycling program. I don't have to watch the seats get melted into goo. It's still sad to declothe a faithful car seat for the recycling center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC