Pillow Question

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
OK, so you know those neck pillows (kinda like a super mini Boppy)? OK, so I know a kiddo who uses one, but not around the back of the neck like that. More llike, she holds it, and kind of curls it around one side of her head (not around the back), like a small pillow. The same thing I guess a kid would do cuddling with a stuffed animal. I wish I could get a picture of her (DD's friend) doing it, but that would be a little weird, ya know? When I first saw it in the car, I told her mom that it's not safe to use them (actually around the neck, because in a crash it could injure the spine, etc, plus it looks uncomfortable to have your neck sticking out like the kid in the link does), but then she explained how her daughter used it, and I've since seen her in the car with it (the way Mom described, like I described above).

Would that be considered unsafe? I can't think of a reason that it would (it's a soft object, it's not interfering with the harness or really the seat at all)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would think that if she is using it like a pillow, like a stuffed animal, there is nothing wrong with it. As long as the baby is old enough to move it away from her face, I would think it would be okay.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC