Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Senior Community Member Brycen'sMommy's Avatar

Graco Size4Me 70 PICS!!

All I can say is holy tall seat!! My two year old has miles above her head. This was just a quick try out tonight because it was bed time but I will try to do a more in depth review tomorrow and answer some questions. So far I really like it. My model is 2 years 3 months, 37 inches, 29 lbs. I will take some pics of my 4 year old tomorrow. She was already asleep.

Adjusted for RF

RF recline

Headrest in top position

Installed RF, went in very easily

Installed FF, It was a little tricky. I need to play with it some more.

More pics added in posts #39, 51 & 62
    Last edited by Brycen'sMommy; 06-04-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    B-9y Incognito, L-7y Harmony Transit
    M-5y Britax Parkway, E-2y Graco Size4Me
    A-9mo Graco Milestone, S-6mo Graco CC35, Baby Girl Due 6/16
    All riding safely in a 2016 Ford Transit Wagon

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Looks nice to bad theres no reason for me to need one. The only thing I dont like is the one cupholder. That just looks odd to me but I like things the same on both sides.

How far up can the headrest be for rearfacing?

Re: Graco Size4Me 70 PICS!!

WOW! That looks awesome, I'm not in love with the high base and the 40" rfing limit but overall what an awesome looking seat! Definitely worth the price! I see this becoming a very recommended seat!
    Jen CPST-I
    DS1: 7 years 43# 49" Monterey, Probooster, Turbo SS DS2: 5 years 36# 41" Recaro Prosport, Frontier 85 and BV70

It looks like a seat that will puzzle well! I hope it comes out in color soon.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 16 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 13 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 11 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 9 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (frontier), and dd5 age 1 (rfing radian r120)

I hope somewhere around here gets them soon! At the next BRU/TRU trade in I may need to get one.

I wonder how wide the seat is if it will allow for a three across in more cars

How high can the head rest be rfing?
    Wyatt Henry, 5.25.2010

When you get a chance, I'd LOVE to see the most reclined position allowed for forward facing with a model in it.
    Shauna, mom to Adrian (9 yrs, 54" and 83 lbs), in an Evenflo Amp and Charlie (6 yrs, 42" and 35 lbs), in an Evenflo Titan 65.

Looks great and I was liking it for the no re-thread harness but not liking what you said about it being tricky to install FF. This is the problem I had with the MR; I cannot get a good, tight install FF in my car, my husband's truck, or a Toyota Camry I had for the day as a loaner car when my car was being worked on. I have an Argos, and it installs so quick and easy, but not the MR. I wish I could figure out what the problem is.

Marsha, Zain & Nour's godmother/"Auntie Marsha" and Ethan, Katelyn, Owen & Chase's Nanny (G-ma) Marsha

Thank you so much for the pics!! I want one!

Would also be interested in your thoughts/pics on 3-across friendliness.
    Jamii ~ CPST ~
    DS1 / 13 / Seatbelt alone * DS2 / 10 / Backless turbo * DD / 7 / RodiFix, FR85 * KF30 for Tiny

Wow nice! I wasn't considering one but now I may want to replace my PITA radian with it. Hmmmm..... hopefully I can find one to play with to see if it will fit in my three across.
    Jessica
    three across in a honda fit
    11y-literider/6.5y -affixHBB/8y-affixHBB

I love it.

Why oh why can't it have rebound control?? If Graco would have thought of that, they'd be good competition. and I'd prefer Graco over Diono any day. But I want some anti-rebound. :::cries::
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-
    Lady to the Mister, mama to my little Shrimptastic birthday present, Liam (7/29/10), and my v2.0, Declan (9/14/13). Rockin' a Nextfit, BeLogic, and Aton2.

http://ashortstorymadelong.blogspot.com

She has SO much room but only 3 more inches until she hits the 40 inch rfing rule....why oh why do they have to set that limit?
    DD (6/2010 30lbs, 39 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and ffing in a chase
    DS (1/2012 26lbs, 36 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and a r100

CPS Fanatic
    So as long as the child is under 40 inches they can rf to the top of the head rest? It looks like its just as tall as the radian.

Is that the older style Graco buckle that more people like?
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Turbo, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    Is that the older style Graco buckle that more people like?
    No, that's the new awful one.

CPS Fanatic

If it can be rf until the top of the headrest when in the highest position, it looks miles taller than the Radian. Sucks that it has the new style buckle. I haven't played with it yet but have heard so many complaints about them
    Caleb Joshua: 8/17/2007; 45.5 inches, 46-47lbs, 17 inch torso; FF in a FN85 and Complete Air Sarah Rose: 05/15/2011; 22lbs, 31 inches; RF in a Britax Roundabout 50 and Combi Coccoro

I feel like a broken record, but I don't want someone reading to avoid a Graco seat because of the new buckle, so again, I like the new buckle as much or more than the old buckle. I really like how the tongues need a firm press and make a definitive click when buckled. And unbuckling has not been difficult for me; press at the top of the red button as the red button pivots at the bottom so pushing lower will make it difficult to open.

I am sad that some people are having so much trouble with it and wish we could figure out why it's so difficult for some, yet easy for others. Is there a disparity in the manufactured buckles? Size of fingers/hands? Learning curve to pressing in a different spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    TechnoAdult Driver's seat
    TechnoTween Clek Oobr Britax Parkway SGL
    TechnoKid Britax Frontier ClickTight Graco Tranzitions

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola
    I feel like a broken record, but I don't want someone reading to avoid a Graco seat because of the new buckle, so again, I like the new buckle as much or more than the old buckle. I really like how the tongues need a firm press and make a definitive click when buckled. And unbuckling has not been difficult for me; press at the top of the red button as the red button pivots at the bottom so pushing lower will make it difficult to open.

I am sad that some people are having so much trouble with it and wish we could figure out why it's so difficult for some, yet easy for others. Is there a disparity in the manufactured buckles? Size of fingers/hands? Learning curve to pressing in a different spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    My problem with the new buckles is that to unbuckle mine I have to press at the very very top and my nail gets caught between the button and the body and I have to use a lot of pressure to press it down. So I'm trying to apply a good amount of pressure down on one tiny spot at the top of the button while my thumb is sliding forward getting caught. It's a trick to keep kids from unbuckling themselves and I get that but I must have wimpy hands or something cause it's somewhat painful for me.

Was it easy to tighten the harness RF?
    Mama to M (5, FF GN), B (3, RF CA), and A (1, RF OB)

I'm very tempted by this seat for my oldest.... That's one tall seat that I bet I could keep my three year rear facing even longer in . He's almost outgrown his MyRide and I'm having anxiety attacks over turning him around lol. That and I just like being difficult since my husband's family likes to tell me how awful I am (and say far worse behind my back) for rear facing a three year old. It's almost enough to make me wanna get a Swedish seat .